• Tweets

• Also I suggest you visit all of the treadmill pages on the sweatband.com website and download a copy of the page for each model and also download a copy of the instruction manual.   I suggest that you do this urgently For instance, I notice that this model https://www.sweatband.com/nordictrack-t8.9b-treadmill.html makes absolutely no references to garages on the website – but the manual at page 4, paragraph 5 is unequivocal that the treadmill must not be kept in the garage. It is expressed in far more restrictive terms than the warning which is given in the instruction manual for your model. Once again, because the instruction manual is not part of the contract, it's quite amazing that treadmill.com are completely silent on the issue of using the garage despite the very forbidding terms in the manual. I have to say this does make me slightly suspicious as to when the relevant passage for your model was added. However, we have no evidence.    
    • Clearscore Only uses data from Equifax.  Ideally you want to see all 3 reports i'd recommend checkmyfile.com 
    • Incidentally I would also stop posting around the Internet and make it clear that sweatband.com are attempting to avoid their statutory rights on the basis that treadmills should not be kept in garages. Do this on review sites – and any fitness forums et cetera. You may be surprised at the amount of support you get. Try to get contact details for anybody and also recommend that they come here
    • Sorry but I really don't understand why you haven't started taking action a lot earlier than this - unless you enjoy being the lead round by the nose.   You can either accept their gesture of goodwill or you could decide to go for the entire amount. I think you had better decide. If you want to sue them then make sure that you understand the steps involved in taking a small claim. It's very easy but you should read around a bit to make sure you understand the journey. Then send the letter of claim. I suggest that you draft a letter of claim and post a draft up here so we can have a look
    • That's great news...glad you got it all sorted...
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Help I think I've messed up

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5053 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone offer me any help to put my claim back on correct footing.:confused:

I've already had a part settlement offer which I turned down and have since sent my LBA.

I was just getting things ready to initialise a court claim, but I've just realised I've previously been sendind a Shedule of Charges with 8% interest added. I believe this should not have been included until the case was taken to court.

The interest charges that should have been included at the start, I couldn't work out when entering onto the spreadsheet.

Now I'm wondering how best to continue.

I've previously been sendind a Shedule of Charges with 8% interest added.

Hey, as Michael says, dont worry,

I did exactly that in my claim, has made no difference whatsoever.

I doubt Barclays even look into the details of your schedule anyway, not at this stage.

Continue as suggested on here, take your time and get it right.

Minor mishaps may happen but remember if it does go to court the judge will be understanding. they realise we are not legal boffins, just innocent guys trying to get back whats rightfully theirs.

Good luck

• Haha 1

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.