Mechs and Mother (deceased) V halifax please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I corrected my spelling mistakes and have sent it .......but before I did I phoned them, to get the email addy for this person, someone else said I can deal with it I heard a click as I was speaking to this woman ......hahummmmm I thought shes recording this so I kept my cool and made a point of telling her about my DPA request, then after I asked her for a record of the conversation ...her reply was we dont record the conversations .and this one has not been recorded, I bet it hasnt :)

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I corrected my spelling mistakes and have sent it .......but before I did I phoned them, to get the email addy for this person, someone else said I can deal with it I heard a click as I was speaking to this woman ......hahummmmm I thought shes recording this so I kept my cool and made a point of telling her about my Data Protection Act request, then after I asked her for a record of the conversation ...her reply was we dont record the conversations .and this one has not been recorded, I bet it hasnt :)
It may have been the supervisor listening in - they normally have a button on the phone to request that the call be monitored. I've been involved in the call centre industry on the technical side for years and I know how they work - useful when they try and fob you off with excuses!

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Ahhhhhhh right thanks ......but as I said they wouldnt want to record that conversation ...if they did I bet they deleted it

In progress:

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

:) We received copies of statements and adding to the spreadsheet figures from these and to other charge listings received, I want to check that I am not duplicating.

31/01/2000 Charges as Notified 75.00

01/02/2000 Charges Incurred 75.00

Would you say that the above two figs are actually the same charge? Hope this makes sense!

mechs

In progress:

Can't be certain - are they both from the same source document (i.e. both on bank statements), or is one from a statement and the other on an investors report. If different then see if there's any other match for them around the same date (within a week or so) - none foune = same charge.

If from the same document type, then these are different charges (if the statement / page numbers are sequential and the charges are on different sheets).

I hope that isn't too confusing...! ;)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

one from a statement and the other on an investors report.

:) Thank you W&I, its as I thought, the same charge, so will have to amend the spreedsheet.

mechs

In progress:

• 1 month later...

Gawd! In the process of doing Money Claim Online and ......

You entered the following details:

Address Details:

Legal Services-Retail Division, Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, England

Postcode:

HX1 2RG

The address details you have provided are outside of England and Wales.

!!!???!!! and there was I thinking Yorkshire was in England! .... and I can't continue ...... anyone able to advise as I would like to get this done this evening?

Thanks, mechs

In progress:

Thanks m8 ... hmmm yes I think I will have to use the helpline.

In progress:

actaully i just tried it on my abandoned claim in money claim and it worked fine - did you click lookup and select next to the Address we put in for you bit (the bottom one)

yes I did do the lookup ... thats when the fun started lol

In progress:

Tried that m8 ... still not working. Think I'll try again tomorrow.

In progress:

• 1 month later...

Better do an update, after a lot of argy bargy from the Halifax with my statements, the following is going on, I am claiming for more than 6 years and 16% interest which is their contractual rate of interest

Court claim issued 9/8/06

Acknowledged on 23/8/06

amount of £516.18

interest of £454 @ 16 % their contractual rate and no they dont like that bit, but as its a small claim its worth the risk

Kind offer of £199 + £105 interest + £80 Court fee accepted, and will see them in Court for the remainder lol

In progress:

if you look in the statutes section there is a link to a web site

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/statutes-library/415-limitation-act-1980-a.html

In progress:

• 6 months later...

any news on this mechs?

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

In progress:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks