Barclaycard Credit card

marksteps
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can i claim on this?And how far back? Im interested in going for it, reading otherposts, it looks as if i could be successful.Would the initial letter be like the one i used for the bank etc?

I have changed cards over the years, either by losing them or having them stolen. Would that affect anything ie will they have records of me going OD on old cards.

:) x

Im stalling from attacking Barclaycard because i want to see if there is a way round this! I need the years 2001 to 2004 which i wont get from my DPA what can we do??

:)

Am I missing something..why not?

Because B/card won't send them, Alan. They hide behind the Microfiche argument. Have a browse at the B/card threads, you'll soon see what OP means.

Mark, they will send you the semi-useless printout though, and since they've said they only started charging from mid-01, you should be able to estimate an amount from there. If the amount is too high, or they have refunded, let them prove it, and then explain to a judge why this info wasn'tmnmade available to you.

Or you can hit them with a S 9 court claim to force compliance. Takes a bit longer, but you'll get the right data to claim.

They will do eventually, the site is growing and sometimes different procedures take time to get around. Now where i live it would only take an hour :D to be shared but here it can take awhile longer.

Now if you have or see some one in your position you can pass it on :)

BL

They will do eventually, the site is growing and sometimes different procedures take time to get around. Now where i live it would only take an hour :grin: to be shared but here it can take awhile longer.

Now if you have or see some one in your position you can pass it on :-)

BL

hi not sure if this is the right way to go but I requested 6 years from barclaycard and got 2 years, i worked out how much they had charged me in 2 years and multiplied by 3. here is the prelim letter i sent, i assumed if they where to argue and wanted to go to court then they would have to provide the six years information anyway as they had breached dpa, and I would be happy if it was less as long as it was what i had been charged. I highlighted that it was estimate due to lack of statements they were able to provide.... maybe moderator can see if this is a good way to go I will keep you up to date LBA due out on 7th june....then moneyclaim 14 days later.... DONT MIND TELLING JUDGE IT WAS ESTIMATE AS BARCLAYCARD DISREGARDED THE DPA 1998...

copied this from parkes v barclaycard this is what I am trying see what happens???

I always request email from them to say they have received letters so I have copy if it does go to court..

Customer complaints department

Barclaycard

1234 Pavilion Drive

Northampton

NN4 7SG

24/05/06

Dear Sir/Madam,

CARD/ACCOUNT NUMBER:

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to late fees and over limit charges are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

*I estimate that you have taken £1680 plus £134.40 which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken. Total £1814.40

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

*The reason I am estimating these charges is that you say you can only provide 2years information (may 04 until may 06) under the data protection act. I find this to be untrue and unlawful and a separate letter will be sent to the information commissioner to report these actions. I am willing to be advised if this amount is incorrect of the true amount, once this information is received and then can be adjusted accordingly.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require repayment in full of this money and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

I am willing to be advised if this amount is incorrect of the true amount, once this information is received and then can be adjusted accordingly.

You require proof that your estimate is wrong as well or let them prove it in court , as we all know they won't

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

so I take it this is okay to do then????? If this is the case why is this not done by everybody having difficulty getting 6 years or more statements...Is this the way to go

I paid for the 3 additional Statements at £3 each and I hope to claim this back as well.

HSBC, FS £100

Hfax Credit Card Full Settlement £330

Lloyds FS £503 (had to do moneyclaim + allocation questionaires

Halifax Full Settlement £979

Lloyds Credit Card Moneyclaim raised.

03/05/06 Fraud case with Egg resolved after 2 1/2 months!, full refund of fraud amount+interest+charges (£1060). Apology and cheque for £300 - BBC Working Lunch helped scare them into action.

lets not become them, follow the rules or the judge will see the greed....

They will do eventually, the site is growing and sometimes different procedures take time to get around. Now where i live it would only take an hour :D to be shared but here it can take awhile longer.

Now if you have or see some one in your position you can pass it on :)

BL

i have no idead what to do regarding bank charges, can you please help

• 2 weeks later...

The statements i received where for May 2004 onwards with only one £25 fee!

I have just printed my next letter ready for posting Monday morning 9 am sharp for non-compliance....

They say i have to pay £3 per statement prior to April 2004.

This is the correct next steps right??

:)

Barclays are right old buggers... im seriously thinking of giving up! I m getting all confused and they aint as easy as the rest have been.

All this for £££, true which is mine, but i am only aware of £25 owed, until i see my statements that are held on micro...thingy and i have sent a letter today saying they have 15 days left to comply in sending complete statements, not fobbing me off with paying £3 per statement as its on microthingy. The letter i sent was a non-compliance.....have i done the right one?

:(

hi

the maximum you should pay for your statements is £10.00, i telephoned the commisioners office and he told me the maximum you should pay is ONLY £10.00, barclays tried that one on me and i threatened them with the ombussman at the commisioners office, dont take any of their fob off, they are trying to worm there way out of it.

hope this helps

I rang up and said i need statements before May 2004 even tho they are on micro thingy. I said they are covered under a DPA where i was told they are not and if i want them i need to pay.

I called again some 20 minutes later and the lady i spoke to said she would order them. Now for clarification , are these statements on microfilm covered under the DPA?

Who do i contact re this query, i cannot see anything on the site about them. Im stressed as i only have £25 to claim in the statements i have but i know there is more, i was awful at getting charges in the start...I just dont wanna let them away with it.

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks