Newbie needing advice re.MBNA/Abbey credit card

dizzy delilah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am just starting out in my quest to get charges refunded from my husbands Abbey/MBNA credit card account. Just one thing though.. I've read loads of stuff about banks closing accounts when challenged about fees - does this apply to credit card companies too? My husband has a balance of about £3500 on this card, and I have no idea of what the charges may have amounted to over the last 6 years. I suppose what I'm saying is... that I don't want to challenge fees which may not total more than a couple of hundred pounds, if we then get a demand for the outstanding card balance because they're closing the account. Would be grateful for any advice please!!

Hi all,

I am just starting out in my quest to get charges refunded from my husbands Abbey/MBNA credit card account. Just one thing though.. I've read loads of stuff about banks closing accounts when challenged about fees - does this apply to credit card companies too? My husband has a balance of about £3500 on this card, and I have no idea of what the charges may have amounted to over the last 6 years. I suppose what I'm saying is... that I don't want to challenge fees which may not total more than a couple of hundred pounds, if we then get a demand for the outstanding card balance because they're closing the account. Would be grateful for any advice please!!

Hello Dizzy & welcome to the forum!

I have yet to hear of them calling in a credit card balance. It is not in their interests to do so. Further, it could be seen as "retaliatory" and such action is dimly viewed by the authorities.

Please continue with your claim and keep us posted!

Good luck!:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Dizzy

Corn is right - the only time they would call in your card would be if you stopped paying - there are quite a few people on these threads claiming charges on their Abbey cards that have been bought by MBNA (mine started out with National & Provincial BS that was taken over by Abbey) and it seems that MBNA are having problems coming up with the executed agreements following a CCA request on these particular cards, so it might well be in your interests to get this done first. May prove to be £1 well spent and could put a completely different complexion on your claim if they can't come up with it.

Let us all know how you get on.