• Tweets

• wont go near it with a barge pole as its ex gov't debt.  
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles. Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

125sms.com -Free txt message - nope, - £100 CON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just looked into this company after trying to make sense of their Ts & Cs and I've been left open mouthed at what I found out.

It appears that they've left behind quite a trail across Europe.

Other UK posts are as follows:

125sms.com - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

What Shall I add? Free TXT Service ripping me off - Page 6 - Cable Forum

The European forum posts went along the same lines as the CAG site. All stated they never received their 'free' texts and all are being billed around 100 euros for them.

There is also dodgy info on the contact page: the address of the company is given as Switzerland with a phone number starting with 00 42, yet the dialling code for Switzerland is 00 41. Check out International Dialing Codes for more info. The countries listed under dialling code 00 42 are: Czech Republic, Lichtenstein and Slovakia.

Next, as people have said in previous posts, the company who owns the site is called 'Internet Service AG' formerly registered as Xentrica AG and from what I could decipher, maybe other companies before. Check their site out and it looks professional at first glance but none of the links work.

On the following site (translated by Google) Translated version of http://www.gegenjustizunrecht.vu/adressbetrug/6-Online/Trickbetrug-weitere/Hintergrundmaterial/301-399-Firmenliste/302-swiss-einkaufsgemeinschaft.htm

it says that Xentrica own the following sites (all basically the same layout, Ts & Cs etc. but for different products and services):

lebensprognose.com and .net and .de - German site. Looks a bit like a dating site but not sure. It's got a form to fill in and then charges you 59 Euros

check-deinen-sex.com - German site. Dodgy site with another form to fill in and then charges you 59 Euros for the priviledge.

condome.tv - German site. Looks like it's a 'free' condom site (possibly) which you then get charged 8 euros a month for but have to pay 96 Euros for.

esims.ch and .de and .at - Same sites as the 125sms.com but with slightly different variations.

88sms.de - German site. Different design but same offers as esims and 125sms but offers 88 texts and 96 Euro yearly fee.

testcars.de and .ch and .at - German site. Sign up to test drive a ferrari, porshe or lamborghini for 'free'. Only costs 8 Euros per month plus fuel costs etc. Checked out a few forums on this site and they said they'd paid the charges and got no test drives.

sendvd.de and .at - 'Free' DVDs for only 96 Euros per year.

1sms.de and .at - 125 'Free' text messages and win XBox 360, Moto RAZR V3 and Apple Ipod Nano for only 96 Euros per year.

effili.com and .de and .at - affiliate sites.

produktpruefer.de - 'free' product test site for 95 euros per year.

sportexperten.com and .de - won't let you open the pages

genlogie.com and .de - I thought this was going to be a free sign-up at first but lo and behold, it translated to 5 euros a month for a period of 12 months so membership is 60 euros.

The following translated site also give more information on the company Xentrica AG changing name to IS Internet Service AG and moving from Hünenberg to Risch.

From all the sites I've checked out, nobody seems to have recieved the service they've signed up for and all have been sent threatening emails/ letters telling them to pay the 12 month membership or they'll be visited by debt collection agencies.

I suggest if you've got Internet Expolorer 7 on your machine, that you report them as a phishing site - I've reported all their sites that I can and hopefully it will stop people being scammed by them in the future.

I hate companies like this and hope they get prosecuted. :evil:

• Haha 1

Credit Cards

Mint - £100 claimed :-)

Capital One - £60 claimed :-)

Bank Accounts

Barclays - SAR sent 05/02/07

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what they're doing is part of the [problem].

They inform you that your details are wrong so they can't provide the service, but even if you send your details again they probably still don't provide the service. I bet if you paid them they still wouldn't provide the service and if you queried it they'd probably say that they sent you an email to tell you your details were incorrect and you never replied.

NexG, what kind of information do they say they've got?

It sounds like a dodgy company anyway. What company offers 'free' text messages and a lottery, apart from one trying to look too good to be true? There are no instructions for their advertised 'lottery' and no information on when it will be drawn even though you apparently sign up to it when you give your information. Their Ts & Cs are completely incoherent and they keep changing their business name.

Credit Cards

Bank Accounts

they sent me information of my name and address but my address was wrong by one letter? and they said it were incorrect and that it would be fraud, but the funny thing is i never actually signed up to this service myself it must of been someone else in the household but they said i had to pay them 99 pounds and that if i didnt pay it they would take me to court over it lol

they sent me information of my name and address but my address was wrong by one letter? and they said it were incorrect and that it would be fraud, but the funny thing is i never actually signed up to this service myself it must of been someone else in the household but they said i had to pay them 99 pounds and that if i didnt pay it they would take me to court over it lol

Did it say anything like the following?

"According to our records, incorrect information was submitted during your registration. The following particulars are available to us:

Xxxxx xxxxxxx Correct Name

Xxxxxxx Incorrect address

Date of birth: 19xx-xx-xx Correct DoB

Please inform us immediately about the correct details.

We expect a response on your behalf within the next 7 days, otherwise

we will have to assume a case of fraud and report of an offence by an

unidentified person will be considered."

This was from the MoneySavingExpert site (url is in one of my previous posts) and is an extract from correspondance received by a member's daughter. I assume they send the same kind of letter/ email to everyone to claim that they are committing fraud (scaremongering) so they confirm their details. I'm sure that the only way it could be fraud anyway would be if you were masquerading as a different person or had a completely different address, not if your address was mispelt by one letter (though correct me if I'm wrong!).

The only frauds appear to be Internet Service AG or whatever they're calling themselves at the moment, as they are pretending to be a company which offers a text service and a lottery but provides nothing.

Creditable companies which offer this kind of service ask you to provide your credit/ debit card details whilst signing up so you understand that there is a fee involved if you don't cancel the service.

Just reading over that and thinking, "Why can't I say something in a few words rather than go on and on and on and etc?!" :)

Credit Cards

Bank Accounts

lol you spelt dyslexia wrong. what do you mean by that anyway?

This fraud thing is just a lie , i mean why would they wait until you refused to pay so many times and then say your details were fake? if it was real and they really thought they were wrong they would have asked for our correct details as soon as the trial was over or no actually when we registed , there should of been some kind of information asked for to prove who we really as anybody can sign up as anyone. that is why on those german forums there were people as young as 15 or 12 i cant remember, complaining these emails when you should be 18 to be enter into a lottery and be charge with that kind of bill.

Hi Ive been ripped off by 125sms.com too! It started before xmas back in october and i ignored it initially thinking it was a [problem]. But the emails have progressively gotten more serious until monday i finally offered to pay 4 installments of £25 a month. or i offered them 50 quid to **** off basically. I just got a reply saying they dont accept installments and they will have to pass it on to a debt collector. What do i do now?? Anyone know if they will do this? and if i can do anything about this being as ive offered them something? any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

...Oh, and they also mentioned adittional charges for passing it on 2 a debt collector.:sad:

Hi Ive been ripped off by 125sms.com too! It started before xmas back in october and i ignored it initially thinking it was a [problem]. But the emails have progressively gotten more serious until monday i finally offered to pay 4 installments of £25 a month. or i offered them 50 quid to **** off basically. I just got a reply saying they dont accept installments and they will have to pass it on to a debt collector. What do i do now?? Anyone know if they will do this? and if i can do anything about this being as ive offered them something? any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

...Oh, and they also mentioned adittional charges for passing it on 2 a debt collector.:sad:

Just do what everyone else in this thread has suggested to do. Put their mails in the Junk Senders list and don't ever read them again. They ARE [problematic] and you've just been scammed. The fact that you have made an offer MAY prejudice you in future but until you get a physical letter in writing you can safely ignore them.

p.s. if you DO get a physical letter, post back on here and we'll assist you to respond.

a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a.

they will do nothing, i sent them all articles and videos about their activity, they know that they are doing wrong, just email them that u know that their job is illegal, but if they try to make an action against us, just we will do the same 2gether. that's it!

hi ive been posting previously on the cable forum site but the thread has been closed. Anyway i have reported 125sms to consumer direct who passed it on to trading standards they got back to me yesterday and said that they cant really do anything about it untill more people complain about the company to them, however their advice to me was not to pay unless i got a legaly stamped letter sent to my home address.

If you want to do something about the company id suggest reporting them to trading standards they told me if more people report them then they will look into the company further

bid~ its a [problem] and it wont work for anyone thats the point! ?

How can people fool for it though? based in switzerland, pages name in german and in GBP, not euros or anything.

Thats not a contract - never seen one so poorly written and also the communications make it sound a [problem], since when does a company say "We expect you to", thats saying please can you send... surely?

They say on the lines of "You have seven days from the date of this letter/email to pay otherwise we wont hesitate to commence legal proceedings against you to recover the debt."

Hi, just thought id show the latest email i got after telling them i wont be paying them...

Dear Sir or Madam,

We have taken note of your email; however, we insist on payment and will,

therefore, continue to dun you in the future.

If you do not react, we have, unfortunately, no choice other than to give the

matter over to a debt collection company.

------------------------------------

Yours faithfully,

125sms.com support team

Internet Service AG

Blegistrasse 1

6343 Rotkreuz

SwitzerlandNot a very threatening letter under the circumstances is it! I was getting a bit worried about these guys but now i really dont care. Mainly due to what ive read on here! thanks guys

Hi, just thought id show the latest email i got after telling them i wont be paying them...

Dear Sir or Madam,

We have taken note of your email; however, we insist on payment and will,

therefore, continue to dun you in the future.

If you do not react, we have, unfortunately, no choice other than to give the

matter over to a debt collection company.

------------------------------------

Yours faithfully,

125sms.com support team

Internet Service AG

Blegistrasse 1

6343 Rotkreuz

SwitzerlandNot a very threatening letter under the circumstances is it! I was getting a bit worried about these guys but now i really dont care. Mainly due to what ive read on here! thanks guys

right-click the mail. Select "Junk Mail"..."add sender to Junk Senders List".

BUT keep a copy for any defence that might be necessary at a later stage (unlikley, but no point in ignoring them). You could always respond by saying that you have alrerted the Department of Trade & Industry, who advise a formal complaint is being raised through the EU regulatory division. As such, you'll be passing any future correspondence to them.

They lie to you, why shouldn't you do the same? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I got all of those emails too.

I told them I'd wait for the postal action, then will fire back with FO and TS action.

As ha sbeen said many times, ignore it, they cannot possibly chase up and charge for a service that never worked int he first place. Also trading standards have details on unfair contracts.

EVERYONE - PLEASE DELETE AND FORGET THEIR EMAILS

Dear Mr.

You ordered our service. Despite of previous requests for payment (invoice as of 2006-12-05, 1st reminder 2007-02-27 and, 2nd reminder 2007-03-30) the sum of 99,50 pound remains outstanding and overdue for payment.

During registration you explicitly confirmed that you have taken notice of our general terms and conditions. You entered into a legal contract with your order 2006-10-11 of the IP 212.1.146.35 and we therefore will take court action to recover payment if we can' register your payment within the next 5 days at the latest.

In addition, in any court action, we will seek to recover any court feees and legal costs incurred.

To avoid this, payment of the account must be made to us within the time limited. If there is any genuine reason for non-payment, please contact our support center immediately.

If we proceed against you, we will submit the following stored data:

- Registration 2006-10-11 with the IP 212.1.146.35

- Mobile verification: registered mobile-no- confirmed: 11.10.2006 20:06:46