daipp v Argos

daipp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my SAR on 19-Feb-07

Statements received on 22-Feb-07 (so far, so good).

Over the six years, their charges have gone from £10.00 to £14.00 to £17.50 and now back down to £12.00.

Demand for £257.50 + £39.02 interest sent 23-Feb-07

Offer of £175.00 received 12-March-07. :?

Letter rejecting offer and LBA posted on 12-March-07 and received by Argos on 15-March-07. :D

Let's see what happens now !!

David

Good luck, I will be watching ur thread. I have sent a letter to them for around 230.00 pounds (no working pound sign on this comp!) Not heard anything yet, will keep all updated though.... I'm claiming for charges and unrequested PPI... :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alison82

Daipp, how did you find out the interest, I received screen grabs too but can see what interest they applied, was going to add 25.9% as that is what they charge me!

Daipp, how did you find out the interest, I received screen grabs too but can see what interest they applied, was going to add 25.9% as that is what they charge me!

I have seen others adding interest at that rate in the name of recipricty however, I have used the rate of 8%.

At the moment, I have sent a Letter Before Action on 05-April-07 which they received on 10-April-07. They have until the 25-April-07 before I go to MCOL.

David

Clowns !!!! :mad:

Received a letter saying sorry that I didn't receive my letter from 12-March-07 offering me a part payment so they've enclosed it again.

IF I hadn't received it how did I know about their partial offer of £175.00 ?

I'm now sending them a letter telling them that I believe they have sent me this letter mearly as a delaying tactic and that I am sending a revised schedule with interest at the rate of 25.9% (the interest rate they charge me) in an act of fairness and reciprocity.

They've upset me now.:(

David

Keep onto them guys. I found they messed me round a little with part payments and offers. You should get there in the end!

Good Luck

MA

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

It appears that my last letter and their reply to an earlier letter crossed in the post so to avoid confusion I waited a full 14 days and am sending a "Final Letter Before Action" where as a gesture of my goodwill (two can play at that game) I am giving Argos a further 7 days.

Allowing for post and a Bank Holiday, if nothing by 08-May-2007, I'll be making a trip to the County Court in Norwich.

David

hi

im trying to find out some info on argos card charges is there any chance which you could give me some templates or some info on the charges please as i would like to make a claim asap.

Thanks

kelly22

hi

im trying to find out some info on argos card charges is there any chance which you could give me some templates or some info on the charges please as i would like to make a claim asap.

Thanks

kelly22

Hi

Follow the advice on these boards and it's all very straightforward.

Your first step is to send your Subject Access Request under the 1998 Data Protection Act with a copy of proof of identity and a cheque for £10.00.

You the have to allow for 40 days for this information to come to you.

Once you have this, follow the advice on these boards using the letters in the libraries.

Don't try it your own way as the methods described here are tried, tested, AND succesful.

Best of luck in reclaiming what is rightfully yours

David

Wow !! That was fast, I received a reply from Argos today:-:lol:

"I refer to your letter of 24 April 2007 in response to my letter of 12 April 2007. Unfortunately I have nothing further to add to my letter except to say that I am dissappointed that you have not found our offer to be an acceptable resolution to this matter

Yours sincerely

Val Phillips

Customer Service Manager"

At least I know what I'm up against now, I will wait until I receive our post next Thursday morning and if nothing else from Argos, I'll submit my claim in Norwich Court dinner time.

I'll keep you all informed.

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
how have you got on?

Quick update........

I phoned Argos on 24-May to advise that I was going to court to issue a claim and if they wanted to make a final offer. I was told that the offer of £175 remained as their full and final offer so I responded with "excellent".

Today I attended the Norwich County Court and submitted my claim.

Can't say I didn't try !!! :p

David

• 3 weeks later...

Brief update

The day after I submitted my claim I realised I mad an error on the N1 claim with some dates. I decided to leave sleeping dogs lie and sort it out if Argos query it.

I received my notice of issue on 31-May-07 advising that Argos had until 15-June-07 to reply.

To my surprise on Tuesday 12-June-07 I received a cheque from Argos for the full amount PLUS interest from date of issue to date of settlement amounting to.............................................£327.50.:o

My advice to anyone is keep tight to the established sytem on these boards and don't give-up.

David

Congratulations! :D

Thats good advice. They all play hardball to start, but when they know your serious, they'll conceede.

MA

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.