Waiting for statements to be sent from Clydesdale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok guys!! i have sent my second prelum letter... (my local branch and head office) - giving them 14 days to reply.. which i know they wont, or put my charges back on to my account!! **** Excuse my language!!

so lets wait some more... YAWN!!! :)

ok guys!! today is there 14 days up!! called my bank... no use!! they cant help me, as my branch dont deal with it?? the leeds branch does!!?? all i can t=do is send them a complaint letter explaining there late and wait!! AGAIN!!! how long does this take!! it betterbe all worth it in the end!! xxx

Thanx for your help again,

Caroline x:p x

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bother with the branch as it will all be dealt with by the Advice Quality Unit in Leeds. Time now to send your LBA.

havent sent them another letter before action letter yet... as i have spokn to the financial ombudsmen now, hopefully they will pull teeth out the clydesdale bank now... sent them a copy of all of my letters i have sent to the bank and all the letters i have recieved from the bank including the copies of my charges which are all highlighted!! they also asked me for my first reference that was on my first letter from the bank, im sure it will all be in safe hands now??

i dont still send the bank my LBA now surely??

If FOS are dealing with it now there's no need.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ok guys not happy!!! just came home from work and noticed a letter from the bank with a check for £200 when my original claim was for £1642.. and as abouve the FOS Are now in control with my claim as of yesterday x what do i do?? gutted!! :(

i have just spoke to the FOS regarding my complaint to the clydesdale bank.. and explained about the stupid check for a riddicoulus ammount of £200!!! i faxed them the letter and copy of check, they have told me to send the check back with a leetr explaining im not happy and not accepting blah blah blah!! any template letters for this?? xx

Yes there are a few letters for rejecting offers and they can be found in the template library.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Found one!! PERFECT!! sent it recorded delivery to day to the solicitors and the bank (solicitors being - the letter i recieved yesterday on behalf of clydesdale bank with the check offer and the check!) so i sent the check back to the solicitors!! xx lets see what happens now x

• 2 weeks later...

a quick update x

ok guys!! i spoke to the FOS about my claim, they told me to send the £200 check back to the bank /solicitor last month which i did, they were going to try and get me the full amount instead!! they have been in touch with the bank and there now refusing to give me any money!!!! so its now in the banks hand to supply the FOS Detailed reasons why they should not be giving me my money back!! :sad: this could take up to 6 weeks!!! - if all fails i will take them to court!! i will have all the info i need by then!! its soooo obvious they are in the wrong!!! x x

Hello Pitman,

Do not be detered by them, like me you have tried to do this out of the courts. Like me its time to use the Courts!

I will start my claim in the next couple of days, I am actually looking forward to it.

Good luck to you, its now our time to move forward and get what is owed.........

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jc,

Still waiting for the FOS to get back to me.. there still on the case to the clydesdale bank, shouldnt be too long now, they have up until 6th of august to get back to me/FOS! If they dont get intouch by then, i will be filling my papers for court!! :)

where about are you in your case?

Hi Pitman, Thats good progress.Have the FOS been good at keeping you up to speed so far? Are you hopeful the FOS will be able to do it for you? At least if it doesn't work out you'll have the court option to follow I suppose.We are still waiting on statements,which are extremely late and we have complained to Information Commisioner.We intend to go down the FOS route as our costs look very high,but we suspect it may be ages yet before any progress is made.CB seem very difficult ,but that does not surprise us given how unhelpful they've been to us over the years. Good luck and keep us posted! JCJazzy x

i have just spoken to the clydesdale bank, 0113 231 5038 - Mr Ian Livingstone (not to sure what department he is in) but they are the ones dealing with the FOS claims! he said my case will DEFFINATLY be dealt with within two weeks? they will contact the FOS with a settlement - (the ammount of my claim i hope) then the FOS will contact me... to see if i agree with the amount the Clydesdale bank are willing to credit back onto my account, if i agree... then they will contact clydesdale again explain i am happy with there settlement figure, and EVENTUALLY, the money should be put into my account withing the next few days after!!???

Fingers crossed everyone!! xx i found that guy very helpfull!! xx

Regarding the interest you need to inform the FOS of this by way of a call or short letter and they will update your file.

Havent spoken to CB since FEB as FOS have been dealing with it but may decide to phone this chap and ask where my money is, i know it wont speed anything up but will make me feel better giving him my opinions of them.:D

just spoken to the FOS AGAIN! Spoke to them about claiming back interest, i have to wait till i get my offer from clydesdale bank, if im not happy with the offer and i want to claim back interest i then write a leeter to the FOS asking them to contact clydesdale again with regards to another higher offer with my interest added on!! :) thats now 6 weekd that the FOS have been waiting on a responce from the clydesdale, i believe that was there limit... shouldnt be long now (i hope) xx