Barclays entered a defence - what now?

ski1382
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am helping my wife make a claim against Barclays for roughly £2,000.

Barclays have replied today and entered their defence (not read it as yet since I am at work, although I am assuming it is the standard one).

Just wondering what exactly happens now? What do I need to do? What will they do? What will the courts do?

Thanks guys (and gals)

CAG - Power to the People

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

yes when the claim is to be settled you add it on with the rest of your court costs.

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

So I don't put it on the AQ? When the case is settled am I given another form for the court costs etc..?

Also, I am taking this action for my wife, is it possible for me to represent her in court or is it unlikely to actually get that far?

hi,

No when barclays phoned to settle i asked for the court fees on top.

It is unlikely to get that far, but... you should always be in the frame of mind that it very well could.

claire

£5125.60

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

you could enter this for section g,

"I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue

is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have reduced my claim without argument. However, the continuing problem is (in common with the hundreds of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order :

i) Summary Judgement as the Defendants defence did not answer the particulars of claim and consisted of no grounds for defence;

OR

ii) Standard Disclosure.

I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation."

hope this helps.

claire

£5125.60

hi i have a £3000 overdraught with barclays and have just today filed against them for £1305- will they demand back my overdraught? - if i win the money will they just put it into my account and therefore i will loose it if they demmand back my overdraught!! - help -

• 4 weeks later...

Have had a letter from the courts now giving a date for directions on 17 May, and informing us we must attend on this date.

What do I do now? I was ultra confident at the start of all of this but am now a little more nervous. It has not stated that I need to supply any further information to the courts (I have not at any point been asked to supply evidence). Please tell me that we are not being made an example of and that this is normal tactics. Will Barclays make contact with us soon?

Looking forward to getting a response!

take a minute to read

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages - Consumer Action Group

Its is not an every day issue but by no means unusual, judges are different across the country and therefore do things differently.

Like your missus will drive around a corner nice n slow and cautious like.

where as

YOU WILL GO ROUND ON TWO WHEELS

LOL

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

hi ski

I spoke to Krysta Campbell on 020 7116 4753

claire

£5125.60

Thanks for your reply, I found the number about 5 mins after i posted.

They have agreed to settle for the full amount! Will inform you when they money arrives!

This site is fantastic!!! :D :D :D