Gaz21 V HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, just joined the site today and can’t believe how good all the information is!

I have already started the ball rolling in my claims process.

I have 2 accounts I’m claiming on - 1 is a single account with the Halifax, the other is a joint account with the Bank of Scotland. It’s actually the same branch of the BOS but the first 2 digits of the sort code are different.

I am claiming about £700 on my single account and my fiancé is claiming about £600 on our joint account.

2 seperate prelim letters have been sent and today I got 2 (almost identical) responses – the main point being:

“We are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the charges debited to your bank account. Please note the complaint handling rules set by our regulator, the Financial Services Authority, gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints”

I’m assuming this is just a stalling tactic?

I am on day 10 of my 14 day prelim letter so I’ll be sending the LBA by the end of the week.

I’ll keep you all updated.

Gaz :)

They do get back to you within 8 weeks and the ombuds says this is ok i contacted them and they sent a letter to the bank to say that if i didn't get a satisf response they would investigate the bank were in touch by another letter by week 4 and offer made by week 6 just waiting on money to be credited to my a/c didn't need the hassle of court action and i think that it has been resolved without bad feeling still have a/c

Hi

I am in the same situation - it will be 14 days on thursday coming (15\03\07 ) since I sent the letter to halifax and today I received the same letter giving them 8 weeks etc etc

I am unsure wheather to send the next letter giving them a further 7 days before court proceddings or hold on and see if they pay out as they seem to be doing so?

• 3 weeks later...