KHayes VS Barclays

khayes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First post. Hello everyone.

Spoke to a lovely old chap at Barclays on Tuesday, initially asking about my account and whilst I was on the phone, I thought I'd ask for my bank statements, he was lovely and they arrived today, so I'm shocked at how qthey got here.

I have printed off the 1st letter and looks like I'm in for a night of fun with a highlighter.

Wow, that is unusual. Let us know how you progress with your claim.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Maybe you should of asked him to refund your charges!!

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

:lol: He just laughed when I asked for my statements and said alot fo people are doing it.

Quick question. I have seen 2 addresses for barclays, one in London and one in Leicester. Which one do I send my letters to?

Barclays Bank plc

Head office customer relations

1 churchill place

london

e14 5hp

However I personally used my local branch. It's up to you really.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Barclays Bank plc

Head office customer relations

1 churchill place

london

e14 5hp

However I personally used my local branch. It's up to you really.

Thanks for that.

I will use the London one.

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

Well I'm a little ahead in this journey, I have my bank statements and I am going after £1760.

I just have 2 questions, which address do I send the 1st letter to? Also, I saw somewhere to include copies of your statements, do you have to do that?

Thanks very much in advance.

You can send your first letter to Barclays Bank PLC, Litigation and Disputes, Level 29, One Churchill Place, London E14 5HP. You don't need to send them copies of the statements but you do need to compile a list of the charges (date, amount and reason for charge) and send that with your letters.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a letter from Liam White today stating that they are dealing with my concerns and will have an answer for me by the 17th April. Wrong answer I'm afraid, 14 days is up on Thursday and that's when the 2nd letter is going out!!

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I sent off the LBA the other week and two weeks is up tomorrow. So I register on MCOL now? I've seen no address for that site, also worrying a bit as I was told on another site that I didn't need to include a schedule of charges as the bank will have copies.

To be honest, I was naive in thinking that it wouldn't get this far, so I feel a bit out of my depth.

Can someone please help or advice. I've read the library bit and understand I now need to go onto MCOL. Where do I send the letter for court to? My nearest court?

no worries H, youre nowhere near out of your depth, as long as you follow the guidelines on here you will be just fine, its just a case of procedure, the process of getting your money back is relatively easy, its just time consuming and a waiting game.

heres the link to MCOL.

alternativelt you can download the N1 form and take it straight to your local court,

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

N1

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 4 weeks later...

Morning everyone,

I am just in the process of filling it all out on MCOL.I have a problem though, I'm putting in the leicester address and this is what I keep getting

The address details you have provided are outside of England and Wales.

The Defendant must have a service address in England or Wales otherwise you can not use Money Claim Online.

Can anyone please tell me which address I should be using?

Many thanks

What bank are you taking action against?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Barclays. I thought this was the Barclays boards, damn have I posted in the wrong area?

I'm claiming back £1760 but haven't added on the interest yet. I'm a bit scared to be honest but I know I'll get my money back. I've felt so confident up to know as I've known what I'm doing but now I'm at the MCOL stage, I haven't got a clue what happens etc and feel out of my depth.

BARCLAYS BANK PLC

1 CHURCHILL PLACE

LONDON

E14 5HP

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Threads now merged.....

and what's the daily rate of interest? When I'm filling out the particulars of the claim box, do I have to list every charge, date etc?

Sorry to be a pain.

Use the spreadsheets in the Templates Library - these will work out the interest accrued so far at 8% - the daily rate is then 0.00022 x the charges total

Guest baznew1

KHayes

are you outside the UK like me?

Im in US and sent off SAR early April, Havent heard a dicky bird from Barclays, Do I phone them or just wait until they default on the SAR request?

Getting edgy now, they are wasting everybodies time and stalling like crazy.

any advise appreciated.