Ellie Jay V Barclays Bank ...Bring it on...

ellie jay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I sent my LBA on 01 March. It's for £1175.00 and I'm praying they'll just decide to pay me and save the hassle and cost of it going any further. I think I'm kidding myself but you never know............. My friend got a full refund from Natwest after just one phone call and one letter!

This whole process started after the robbing sods charged me thirty quid for a £2.00 cheque taking me over my overdraft limit. I was so furious I phoned the customer service department and oddly even though i didnt ask for all my charges refunding (i just wanted someone to shout at) they wrote to me saying they disagreed with my views but offering me £530.00 as a 'full and final settlement'. Well of course that got me thinking..........if they're offering me that after one phone call what on earth would my 6 years charges add up to in total??? I couldnt resist getting copy statements to check and there it was...£1175.00. Mostly from when i was a penniless student.

I wrote to them to say I would take the money but as a partial settlement only and if they didnt cough the lot up in 14 days i'd be sending them an LBA and seeking recompense through the courts. I didnt get the £530.00 and I havent heard another peep from them since so the LBA went last Thursday.

I could do without having to pay to submit a court claim but there's no way they're getting away with it. I hope I dont end up being the one they actually decide to see in court!!! Then again..........maybe I do!

Nice one EJ, glad to hear your claim is well underway...the unpredictability of it all adds to the excitement! Good luck, although you don't need it :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

That's true. I suppose if everyone got exactly the same result at each stage they wouldnt be able to scare people out of seeing their claim through to the end. This way they can pretend they're evaluating each claim on it's individual merits.

And they will say that (whether it's true or not is another matter) but obviously it is in their interests to keep you in suspense as much as they can...because anyone who perhaps doesn't have the benefit of this fantastic website would have given up a long time ago...I know I certainly would have, had it not been for the wonderful info. available on here :)

Crash

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Well today is 'd day. Barclays final chance to give me my money back before i take them to court. I'm itching to get home to check the post. I'll eat my flamin hat if they've replied though!

THAT I'd have to see!! Good luck!

Crash

Crash i've just been reading your thread about your own claim and it's fantastic! It's a lot of work though or at least it sounds like it. So you deserve your additional claim for costs. If my claim goes that far (im sure they'll be as akward as possible) I'm going to do the same.

At what stage in the process did you start liaising with the bank on the telephone about settling out of court. Do you think it's worth me trying to discuss with them before i file or not? I'm due to file tomorrow.

Thanks Ellie, it seemed like hard work but it wasn't all that bad. You can by all means call but to be honest they will not settle until you have a court hearing date, and even then they will be settling close to the date and not before. I called them today about hubby's claim as he's got a hearing date of 19th April, and they told me they are in no position to settle until around the beginning of April.

I actually called them only to remind them that if they leave it too late, I will be applying for costs again, as with my own Barclays claim...:D

Crash

Yeah i probably wont bother. They havent replied to any of my letters so i doubt they'd talk to me anyway. I could do without the £120.00 cost of filing though i cant believe its that expensive!

It's not too bad to be honest because the fees are staggered in accordance with the value of your claim. At least you'll get it back when they call to settle...just remember to include it and any accruing interest etc when the do :)

Crash

Oh No Help!!!

I've managed to make a bloomin mistake. I got one of the charge dates wrong by a month which has resulted in my claim being over what it should have been on the interest by 20p!

I've already submitted the claim this morning on moneyclaim but I havent sent the schedule yet i'm doing that later today. What should I do? Do i send the schedule as i worked it out orignally and as per the claim even though its 20p too much?

I cant believe i made such a stupid mistake!

• 3 weeks later...

Well Barclays acknowledged my claim 1 day before the deadline to do so. How typical. It is showing as acknowledged as of yesterday on moneyclaim. What happens next? What does acknowledged mean? Will they have submitted their defence? I'm confused!

It just means that they will now be sending a defence in within the next few days. It's ok, nothing to panic about...your claim is progressing as it should be :)

Crash

• 2 months later...

Yes!! I should have been in court today funnily ebough and i got a letter offering me my full amount plus interest and costs one week ago. Obviously thats exactly what i wanted so i accepted on the proviso they get the cash in my account within the week and they put it in the next day. They took it to the bone but i got there in the end!! I think the area of the country you're in will depend on how long you wait to get a court date. I'm in South Yorkshire - Barnsley.

Congratulations Ellie Jay.... I am still waiting for my court date.

A few threads I have read where they filed MCOL the same time as me have had their court date and their money so I rang the court yesterday (I am in Middlesbrough, Teesside) and they said the judge has been on holiday and I should hear from them by next week so hopefully not long now.