Michelle V Abbey

cookie121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have been looking around, and trying to acertain whether or not the alternative approach as posted in the stickys is now the standard approach procedure in respect to an SAR, we have some statements, so could proceed, has an alternative template been posted yet can't find it?

:) :) :)

Timeline

Cookie121, not entirely sure what you mean by alternative SAR approach. I think the alternative approach refers to Allocation Questionnaires which is some fun you can have much further down the line (after you actually file your Court Claim - scary but don't worry, by the time you get to that point you'll feel like Rumpole of the Bailey). No, if you've got the statements for the last 6 years, crack on straight to the PRELIM letter. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Hi Nick,

I was referring to this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/18505-abbey-draft-alternative-approach.html

and was wondering if abbey are now conforming with the SAR or are they still using delaying tactics. Are people trying his alternative approach if this is the case. We do not have all statements just a several months. I am helping my girlfriend reclaim her charges and I am also reclaiming from First Direct. Different banks have differing methods of doing thing, just trying to do some homework that may save me time later?

Timeline

cookie, I see. No, in about September Abbey got a good kicking from the Information Commissioner about withholding data. The IC adjudicated that the data was held on a relevant information system and fell under the Data Protection Act. Since then they've been behaving themselves - most people seem to get 6 years worth of statements/microfiche within about 3 weeks of an SAR. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

I think they might all have learnt a lesson from Alliance and Leicester on that one

I doubt it since it seems A & L have learnt the lesson yet, I are threatening to close my acc if i reclaim my charges!

I don't know if you heard about this then:

The Financial Ombudsman has recently adjudicated in a complaint against the Alliance and Leicester bank on the matter of a retaliatory account closure. The Ombudsman found that the account closure of a Consumer Action Group user was merely a response to his claim for the recovery of unlawful bank charges.

The FOS awarded the complainant £175 (of which £50 had already been paid by the bank)

The Financial Ombudsman found that although the bank was within its contractual right to close the account, it was also required to operate the account contract fairly. The closure of the account was unfair because it was carried out in retaliation and as a punitive measure.

Timeline

• 3 weeks later...

just about to send Prelim, but am unsure about what I can claim and should they be listed separately in the letter, I am confused between terms only, are cheque clearance charges classed as an overdraft charge too?

Timeline

Hi Cookie

You need to list all charges on one of the spreadsheets in the templates section all as seperate charges ie dd unpaid, so unpaid, returned cheque etc., it will calculate everything for you.

You will find lots of help and advice on here however it is very much a site where you need to read through all the forums and the FAQs and follow the timescales set out in the step by step guide

we all started not knowing very much and learning on the way but never be afraid or embarrased to ask for help

you will find that you become empowered by the knowledge you gain

regards sue

Michelle,

Try one of these

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

generally anything on your statements that ends in zero is a charge.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 3 months later...

Hi, OK

Abbey have not accepted my rejection just offered to look into my complaint again as expected. So have to start court action.....:( now entering a dark place, where I have not trod before, Can anyone offer some assistance to what to expect. I have left it slightly longer hoping that they may give in and also really can't afford the fees, what time scale are we looking at before getting it back and is there any skeletons I should be wary of preparation that can be started I am planning to submit my N1 directly to my local court as this seems to cut an unnecessary corner as the Abbey are not intimidated by an MCOL claim.

Timeline