• Tweets

• They said hi is this (name) I said no and they asked if he’s there tell him to contact us in regards to Sainsbury’s  I said ok bye
    • Block the number and ignore them.
    • How did the conversation go? See what other think but I'm not sure you need to speak to them. HB
    • Dwf have contacted me by telephone  I haven’t confirmed anything 
    • Now received a pack from Barclays Marked " Personal Data Request" and "Start of Right of Access Response" It was sent by their General data protection Team and includes details for a loan account and a credit card. The loan details includes a copy of a signed Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, signed by me and dated 2/9/2004. It refers to Terms and conditions overleaf, but copies of these were not included in the package just received. The Original Loan expiry date was September 2009. Barclaycard: Their records indicate Last Billed 15/03/2024 (not rcvd. by me) Last date account in order and not delinquent 15/03/2024. Date account closed 31/12/9999 (!), They show "Account not in Collections" and last payment posted 16/04/2007(!) also Last Payment Recorded as 02/10/2023. In their memo Details section: Section 78 Outcome "unenforceable" recorded on 12/10/2023. As stated in this thread, I had been paying off both the loan and card. I had stopped paying the card but am still paying the loan's nominal monthly payments.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Offer from Yorkshire Bank- COUNTERCLAIM THREAT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THIS IS MY MUM & DAD's CLAIM for £790.00 (inc. Intereset @ 8%)

No parachute a/c.

Letter recieved today:

Dear ******

RE: CHARGES COMPLAINT

I refer to your letter dated 30th January 2007.

The Bank's position remains as outlined in our letter of 26th January 2007.

I would commentthat the responsibility to maintain your account in credit or where applicable within the agreed overdraft limit lies solely with you as the account holder. Charges have been incurred because you have presented direct debits/standing orders/cheques with no funds available to honour them. It is your spending habbits that take you overdrawn or over your agreed overdraft limit, and thus result in the bank incurring costs which were passed to you. The debit transaction applied to your account during this time outweighed the credits being applied.

The bank charges debited reflect the operation of the account, our charges are documented within our tarriffs and a copy would've been provided to you ata account opening and by time to time by way of statememnt insert. Furthermore, even if you were successful in your argument, the bank would have a claim against you for damages suffered as a result of your breach of contract in failing to adhere to the terms & conditions of the Account. Such a claim would incur court costs and interest for which you would be held liable. However, the bank would like to resolve this matter without the disproportionate expense of court action. I therefore enclose a cheque for £345.00. this cheque is tendered without admission of liability is in full and final settlement of your claim and your encashment will be taken as your acceptance of this.

Please note that as this letter is written in an attempt tp resolve the matter without the need for court action it is without prejudice to the Bank's whole rights and please and may not be founded on in any action to follow without the banks written consent.

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

Standard stuff. They did a counterclaim against me but it's months since I saw a thread where they have done this. Even if they carry out the thread, then you simply defend it. Standard YB scare tactics.

It is most important that you rip up the cheque and send it back with a rejection letter. If you cash it they will inform the court that it was offered in full and final settlement of your claim and encashment confirmed you accepted this, whatever you may write to them. They would stand a good chance of getting the rest of your claim struck out, so don't fall into their trap. YB are full of tricks so beware.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx and settlement offer of £ XXX

I cannot agree to your condition that encashment of your cheque would be in full and final settlement and therefore I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and return your cheque.

I would remind you that by insisting your part payment is in full and final settlement and not agreeing to my terms you are failing to mitigate your losses as the interest will continue to accrue on the full amount on a daily basis.

I request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account totalling £xxxx.

I will be issuing a claim in the County Court on xx/xx/xx

So what would happen if they issue a counterclaim- are they successful normally?

Also, they have a £1000 overdraft on this a/c, which they would struggle to get elsewhere!

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

They have never been successful with a counterclaim, because they drop it when they pay up. There is a chance that they may use the refund of charges to pay off the overdraft, although you could specifically ask for a cheque in payment.

Read other threads and you will see that what is happening here is perfectly usual for YB. They are no different to any other bank in that they will do or say anything in an attempt to stay out of court. If they want to counterclaim, they'll have to go to court and it just won't happen.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.