Judgement by Default

edsnaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just completed the 5 step judgement by default on MCOL. I havent seen any threads that have done this before a defence has been put forward by Barclays. Am I right in thinking the court now write to barclays saying are you defending or not or do they have to accept a judgement made by the judge and its over.

Does anyone know the time scale before a warrent can be issued..... or........... do barclays always defend at this point.

sal

Hi Sal, we entered a judgment by default as Barclays didn't enter a defence against our claim either. The court don't write to Barclays asking if they intend to defend but they do send them correspondence informing them that a judgment has been entered against them. You will have had to state when you want Barclays to pay you on the judgment request (I hope you said immediately). It normally takes a couple of days for the judgment to be issued but as soon as it has it says so on MCOL, and if you haven't received your money back, then request a warrant. You can do this online too. Exactly the same happened with our claim and Barclays didn't enter a defence. We got a judgment then a warrant issued and it wasn't until the bailiffs sent Barclays a letter saying that they would be paying them a visit that they settled with us. Only problem is, once it's gone this far, Barclays have to pay the bailiffs instead of the claimant which means that the bailiffs get to keep your money for 2 weeks before they send it on to you (in our case they will have had it for 3 weeks), but you will get it in the end.

Good luck,

Keri

Hi Sal,

It cost us £55 but it's added to the amount Barclays ahve to pay you so you get it back.

If you want to please have a look at my thread Judgment against Barclays in Barclays successes.

Good luck

Keri