• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like it and i'm off to now, gota go home and me dads offerd a lift, good luck with all your claims this week lets show the b'stards at nastywest what were made of and i'll chat to you all over the week end.

night all

NatWest settled in full :D now is the time for A&L

[/url]

AlienVsPredator.jpg

NatWest Vs Chard

Fendy

This post is over 211 pages looooooong....

I think when you win, your contribution to CAG, will all just end up going on a new server to cope with all the posts on your thread alone !!!

:D

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Morning all, another lovely day!

Our Parky is in full bloom over on his own thread, his cover blown!!!

me sensed a bit of chatting up last night;) steady now we have rules you know:D

Fendy hope you are not letting them get to you! A new day, a new challenge, it's just a good job you can type fast.

I suppose I will have to get some domestics sorted today, such a thankless task though.

See you all later:)

And sorry to ask, but what do you mean by document, available or privileged ?

There may be documents, the existence off which you are aware but which you have lost or which have been destroyed.

There may be documents in respect of which you claim confidence and are unwilling to disclose them - such as communications between yourself and a legal advisor - or documents which you say contain sensitive commercial information. You would wish to say that these are privileged from disclosure but you are obliged to reveal their existence. (I can imagine that if the bank does comply with the disclosure order, that they will be claiming privilege quite a lot. Our job will be to challenge this.)

Ok, very many thanks Mr. Fodder, I do appreciate it. For instance, I know that the manager at the Bradford Branch has a whole file on me and hubby, we were clients of the Premier Banking suite and consistently complained about charges, year after year after year. I know I sent in lots of letters complaining about these time after time and was always told these charges were part of their terms and conditions and they were entitled to charge them. So I know a file exists with Natwest on us, I saw it in their office in the Bradford Banking Suite, she even took the file out to deal with us at several interviews and reviews on the account, and yet they have never revealed to me the contents of this in my SAR at the start. So can I put this in my disclosure spready. The fact I know it exists on their part, but I dont have a copy of it. ??

Very many thanks for all your help. I truly appreciate it.

Fendy xxxxx

Incidentally - I hope that you are keeping a very detailed schedule of the time which you are spending on this calim.

Keep it realistic but list everything - time, expenses in a spreadsheet.

When they settle you can claim your costs.

Fendy we need all your claim related posts in one thread .Can you please go through and let us know exactly what posts in this thread are claim related so we can put them all together , thanks

This is one of the reasons we ask to keep the threads on track .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Gawd its just taken me 15 mins to catch up on my own thread again, well worky day today so cant be thinking about banks today, gotta concentrate on other more pressing matters. But determined to finish disclosure spready by Monday next week at latest, thats my weekend spoken for then, Lol. Have also started putting together a costs spready for all genuine costs incurred so far. I am an honest peepy and Im not going to inflate it. I will keep it genuine on time I have spent on this, and postage costs, paper costs, ink, etc. etc. Even though I will be honest, utterly, totally, I know its going to be a lot. The hours alone, genuinely must come to over 30 so far, just in learning and swatting up time. Lol lol lol ....xxxxx

Right littlest whining for coco pops, eldest wants porridge, Im on a blueberry smoothie cos they say it smells like cat wee, lol lol, hubby just left for Sheffield, hes auditing down there today, and Ive gotta somehow manage to get out of the house for 8.30 to get the littlest to school so I now have half an hour to finish the black coffee, and try and find a presentable suit for work. Had a bit of a wardrobe blitz at the weekend, and forgotten where Ive put my fave one, Lol Lol Lol xxxx

And I just have way toooo many shoes................ some gotta go. Lol xxx

Wah................... you are kidding me. Wah................ no. honest. really. OMG, you are joking, arent you ??? you have to be, ??? dont you ??? surely, please tell me youre kidding ??????

Oh gawd please ????????

xxxxxxx

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhh ????

Dog needs a wee now, soz, gotta dash to let him out, please tell me youre kidding ????

Fendy xxxx

No , sorry , but I am serious .. if you give us the post numbers then we will move them all together into one thread .. just post them here

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I cant do this bit. I just cant. I just dont have the time........ I work three days a week. I just cant do this.......... I can do the disclosure thingy, but how the heck can I possibly list all the posts. How..................... OMG Im beaten..................... how am I gonna do that................... I just dont have the man hours left.......... I dont. Im going on hols in 5 weeks, got 3 other claims on the go, how am I gonna do that. Seriously now. I just cant. I cant can I. I just dont have the spare time. OMG, what am I gonna do............xxxxx

Can I get a win on the grounds of dimished responsibility. Please..................

No such thing as can't my friend! I don't want to hear that from you!

You start at the beginning and work to the middle.

I'll start at the middle and meet you!

Enaid can start at the middle and work to the end

Wendy can start at the end and meet enaid.

There. Sorted.

Off you go, get cracking! xxx

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

:confused: I need a number!

i think you are going to have to do it Fendy, your going to need help from the peeps on here, so no good saying CAN'T okidoki!!!!!!!!

Follow destructions to the letter, thats the way:)

EDIT - posted a right load of mumbo jumbo here!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

We do, we all talk rubbish. Look I know I can, but my question to mods is this. Cant I concentrate on getting my Disclosure spready right, and then do this moving posts thingy after Ive done all that. Why do I have to do the splitting posts thingy down now. Cant it wait till Ive done everything else I need to do.

Im not saying Cant, but at the mo, Im actually saying WONT, because I just dont have the time. You wouldnt believe the jobs Ive neglected to yak to yee lot on an evening......... you wouldnt, you really wouldnt............... My hubby is likely to instigate divorce proceedings, unless I get the house sorted out............... lol lol lol. NVM, I will be divorced and rich, lol lol lolxx

Mods, can this splitting the posts thingy down wait until after Ive done my disclosure spready ??????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks