• Tweets

• I had to deal with these last year worst DCA I have ever dealt with. Just wait for the constant threats of CCJ and how you'll lose in court and how they won't do medication and they want the judge to question you with a load of "BIG" words to boot with the letter. My case was struck out in the end, stupidity on their part as I admitted to owing the debt in the end going through the court process was just a formality as they wouldn't let it drop despite me admitting the debt regardless. They didn't send the last part of the court paper work in so it ended up being struck out
    • Well, that's it then. Clear proof of the rubbish cameras. Clear proof of double dipping. G24 won't be getting a penny. Belt & braces, I would write to the address LFI has found, include the evidence of double dipping, and ask Fraser Group to call their dogs off.
    • LOL. after sending Perch capital a CCA request with a stapled £1 PO attached (x2) Their lapdog Legal team TM Legal have sent me two letters today saying "due to a recent payment on the account, your account is open to legal/enforcement action" so i guess they have tried to apply that payment to the account to run the statue bar along. dirty tactics lol.
    • I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait. from re reading everything this what i understand BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment? If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date. DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here. last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take? in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ? Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?
    • Well, it's up to you. Years & years & years ago the forum used to suggest appealing to POPLA, but then AFAIK POPLA's remit was changed and it became much more biased in favour of the PPCs. One of the problems with taking that route is that the onus will fall on you to prove your appeal, while if you do nothing the onus is on MET to start legal action which experience teaches they are very, very reluctant to do. If you go down the POPLA route I would think your ace would be insufficient signage.  Are you able to go back there and get photos of their rubbish, entrapping signs?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brilliant! If the red wine can make me feel as invincible as you feel, I'm opening a second bottle right now! And you're not being greedy ........ you're just seeking justice. Maybe the powers that be at Nasty West need to have a little policy re-think, cos if we all start feeling like you do - they'll be going bankrupt soon with all the payouts!!! Time to take your life back out of the banks hands Fendy - I'm right behind you! xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hedgey. Encouragement is all we need. Open that second bottle but remember the bottle of water by your bed. LOL. I think after two you will need it. Im already on the second. Lol. Better lay off it though when putting the court bundle together, dont want the red wine fog to hinder my chances. LOL. Thanks again for the kind words. They do mean a lot. xxxx take care. ;)

Just wanted to check with Nattie, Martin 3030 or Michael Browne or any expert mods on here, because this claim is so high, will it be able to be fast tracked or will it be multi tracked, and if multi tracked do I need to getting any special help or information for this channel. Its a lot of money, with 8% added its 15.7K but with court costs which Ive paid £400 it makes it 16.1K. OMG. Im gonna need best input on this one. ?? Any help gratefully appreciated. Im not jumping the gun, gonna spend all this week reading up on stuff on here to ensure Im clued up before AQ's start arriving. Im sure they will defend on this one. Its so big. xx

Fast track please. I certainly hope so. My total claim is now 16.1K with all court costs so Im just hoping I can fast track it. Will keep you all posted as it progresses. Too late to go back now. MCOL filed. Dont want to anyway. Now have the determination to see it through to the end, no matter what. But Im gonna be back for help. PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.......... XX

OK, latest, today. Its got interesting. Having filed MCOL this morning, paid for it £400, I receive letter plus duplicate letter in post from Nasty West basically saying, rubbish rubbish rubbish, blah blah blah, about terms and condititions of the account, etc. etc. etc. leaflets enclosed to study etc. etc. etc. but also saying "having reviewed your case and as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability or error, in this instance, we are prepared to offer the amount of £10917.00 paid direct to your account as full and final settlement of your complaint. Please let me know by completing the attached form & returning it to us. If you would like to discuss this offer please contact the number quoted above. Tel 0845 3030 456.

Now I dont mean to be greedy but Ive done the letters as instructed on this site, and others and Ive given them the time scales alloted etc. etc. and even started dialogue with them by e mail last thursday when their final LBA deadline was up. They only acknowledged my e mails and even when I said to them, LOOK if you give me my charges only of £11701. I will accept and wont take it to court, they still didnt come back and offer me my full charges, even though I gave them a further 3 working days to do so. No more. So this morning, paid for MCOL and started process to claim back total of 15.7K, now including the 8% stat interest and court fee, plus interest accruing at £3.35 per day hereafter. I further followed it up with an e mail to Mr. Higley an hour ago, saying, Im sorry, but I gave you three further days longer than I had to. I told you I would accept my charges only, but you still didnt come back to me at the new deadline. Therefore I have started claim this morning with MCOL for 15.7K total. I added, that if he saw fit to come back to me now and offer me the full 15.7K then again, I would accept and drop court claim. But only if they now offered me 15.7K. I said again, I was extending the olive branch and trying to save them further costs for legal argument and representation. So I will keep you all posted on this one. Its a biggie. If Mr. Higley offers me the 15.7 without a fight I willl accept gracefully and make lovely donation to CAG, but have to use the money to bail my mum out of a hole too so not much left for me, but nevermind. I doubt he will offer me 15.7, he will make me fight his legals for it, but so be it. Im ready for the fight, and will cross every T and dot every I, but if he does come back with offer of 15.7 I will of course let you all know.

Just wanted to say a private thank you to MR. BANK FODDER, for looking over my thread and for letting me know Im doing ok so far. I really appreciate it. I honestly do. I am taking this right to the wire and am prepared to go to court if I have to, so any help you can all give in keeping a eye on my thread for me with new info would be much appreciated. Im doing ok I think, just need a bit of encouragement from time to time to let me know I havent done anything wrong so far, touch wood, and all. thanks again Bank Fodder. I appreciate your help very very much.

Crikey I have to say reading a lot of these threads today with the words WON, it does seem like the Nasty West are caving much quicker now. If only. I sincerely hope its the start of a very nice quick and easy trend. Would be lovely if we didnt have to resort to throwing so much money behind our court claims as well. Lets face it, nobody really wants to go to court, but we just feel we have to in order to get true justice in all of this. xx

Thought I would just add. Even though Ive filed the MCOL today, and received their offer today of about a 1K less than my actual charges, Ive still send the lovely Mr. Higley a rejection letter too. Basically, thanks but as it doesnt represent my basic charges only, so sorry, but Im rejecting it, and have already filed MCOL today for charges plus 8% plus court costs, so dont have to now accept it anyway if you offered me my charges only. Said I would however, accept his offer of £10.9K as part settlement if he still wanted to pay me it and so long as he paid it into my account in no more than 7 days,, but that I would be pursuing the balance of the claim for the other 1K charges, plus all interest at 8% and court costs, total of 15.7K, but obviously if I took the 10.9K I would only need to pursue through court for the balance of 4.8K. I sincerely hope nobody thinks Im being greedy, I just want what they have taken. Had they offered me my charges only of £11701.00 I would have graciously accepted. But no, they always have to come back and offer poxy part settlements. I mean, when they took the charges, would they have taken part charge from us in the first, place, i.e. "Hello, Im Mr. Higley, I should be charging £35 for that returned cheque Ive just done on that account, but hey, they look a bit poor this month, lets make it £5 eh instead", I dont flippin think so. Posted it recorded today. Lets see what the lovely Mr. Higley comes back with, if anything. He may just decide to let his legals deal with it from here. And heres me thinking Oh he might be glad to get rid of another case of his ever mounting pile on his desk. OH well, c'est la vie. Im ready for anything they throw at me, with the CAG's help of course. LOL. xx

Well Ive just done it. I have my recorded delivery slip in hand. Sent back a letter of rejection to Mr. Higley. Posted 9.15 recorded delivery. Lets sit back and wait now to see if they come back with offer of all charges plus 8% plus £400 court fee. I dont flippin think so, do you ??? But Im happy to fight the Cobbetts for it. LOL. Always relish a good fight, mentally, not physically of course. Especially when its the Robin Hood kind of scenario, baddies versus goodies. Ha. Keep watching and reading. Will let you know as soon as I get response. xx

I cant believe how big the pile must be now getting on Mr. Higleys desk. I would have thought that by dealing with him by e mail, he might have snatched the opportunity to get rid of a few cases on his desk earlier than court. How the heck can he see over the pile by now. LOL. Perhaps hes just developing a very long neck. Bit like a giraffe. Or is that Ostrich, you know the ones that bury their head in the sand. LOL. Gosh, I must stop. This forum brings out the worst in me. Devilish streak. Sorry. Im sure you neck is lovely Mr. Higley. Ha. !!!!

Following your thread with anticipation!! Cant wait the outcome and wishing you loads and loads of luck. Just setting out on my quest for refund, nervous and a bit scary but hey gotta be done. We're all rooting for you.

• Haha 1

Well nothings a sure thing. Ive come to realise that. Hence why Im spending most my spare time on this forum getting totally legal brained up with all the expert help on here. I have the gumption to carry it all through and even it comes to court, and they make me turn up and stand up and defend myself that really doesnt bother me at all. I can give as agood an argument as the next person, but its just the ensuring that Ive done everything properly and crossed every T etc. that worries me. I know they can have things thrown out by peeps not knowing fully what theyr'e doing, hence why I keep checking in here to be sure of my next step. Have started on Shabby Irrational sorry Abbey too, but Im a month behind on that one. Its a bit tricky dealing with more than one at once, but Ive made myself a spreadsheet with all dates and letters and notes on etc, every time Ive sent a letter by recorded, have clipped all slips and letters together and filled in spreadsheet, and likewise for e mails. Im gonna be as thorough as I can and ensure Ive not missed a trick. But god its time consuming. But for £23K total between two banks, it has to be worth it. I cant believe it was this much over 6 years and I never realised. How rubbish am I with money. Totally rubbish. Anyhow, have got much better in the last couple of years and have learned an awful lot of lessons from poor accounting, so wont be repeating them in a hurry. I think I have an excuse in that I was young, naive and a bit stupid. But having turned 40 last week, no excuse now really is there not to keep things in order. Oh well, we all learn by our mistakes, and a life without mistakes is a pretty dull one. Cant play safe forever. Good Luck to you Jetspark and thanks wrightstar for the encouragement. Every bit helps. xxx happy life xxxx

Fendy, I absolutely love reading your posts - they're brilliant! I was so worried and confused a few weeks ago before I sent my SAR, but with words of encouragement from Nattie and from reading brillinat threads like yours, I'm biting back! I really hope you get a positive answer from them sooooooooooooon, as you've played by the rules every step of the way only to be treated shabbily by them yet again. Good luck to you - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get your 'win' letter through this Saturday!!! xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hedgey, ur a sweetie. Thats the reason we all join here, for encouragement and support. The help is fantastic whenever we get stuck on something, and its just so great that everybody has a common cause in trying to get back what is rightfully theirs. We have all been so confuzzled by banks for a very long time and theyre a bit like the police force, in that you think if thats how they do things, then it must be law, and we dont challenge it. Ive tried in the past to be nice to them and get charges back by ringing up and pleading poverty that month, and I think only once has it ever got me a charge refunded. The thing is theyre run for the shareholders benefit and not the actual customers benefit. We all like to think were reasonble people with a live and let live attitude, and dont rock the boat, after all life is hard enough at times, but its just the way the banks ride rough shod over people, and these people are their customers whose money is making them money and its just so wrong that they feel they can abuse our trust in this way. If we could all surive without banks what a blissful world it would be, but sadly we need them i.e. to pay for stuff to keep our money safe etc. etc. I think theyre all basically as bad as each other, not a good one amongst them, but I have come across some nice people working for banks from time to time, but it tends to be the general cashiers, the ones who are not climbing the ambition ladder and who are happy to be cashiers for the rest of their days. The most basic member of bank staff is usually the most helpful. The managers dont know the first thing about their customers face to face, and Ive come across so many who lack basic people skills and social skills. Its crackers. How the heck did they become managers without having the first idea about how to deal with people and what makes them tick. Anyhow, Im doing yet another essay. Ive got to stop, its wasting valuable forum space. Im very positive, and if I was the first person to lose I would still be pleased with myself that I tried, and I wasnt prepared to roll over, shut up and play dead. I have since opened up three other new current accounts with other banks so even in Nasty West shut my account, no real loss there, but its just the inconvenience of changing SO's and DDs etc. Im truly not expecting a quick win in this instance, if I do, it will be fab and I will be dancing in the streets announcing my success, but I tend to think its going to go all the way to the court steps the morning of the trial once I know a date is on the horizon, but guess what. I will put on my best suit, best lippy, try and look a million dollars, and stand up for myself and hopefully not spout babble. Im not frightened, Im truly not, Im more frightened of losing my temper with some pompous Cobbets representative. Im sure that would get me thrown out. Note to self, if it gets that far I must behave and I mustnt lose control. Cant use naughty words in court and cant shout. Control must be the operative word if it gets that far. Ha. God Im so bad............ I hate to see injustice and the legals trying to baffle us mere mortals. It totally insenses me. OK, enough. thanks hedgey, and good luck to you too. But you wont need it, you will be fine. xxxx Fendy xxxxx

Just a thought, nothing better to do at the mo but think about this. When cobbets or cobblers or cobbydogs whatever their name is start acting on behalf of nasty west on this, would it be worth me dropping them a letter saying basically, if you give me my charges, pluscourt claim costs £400 , plus 8% now, I will drop claim in full, and save you fighting, and paying me further £3.35 interest per day, cos Im gonna win anyway, or something equally pretentious, or would that be seen as not nice by the judge and perhaps winding them up. I wouldnt want to jeopardise my case, but I wondered if it might make them realise they could save daily interest by settling quicker rather than taking it to the court steps. Any input please ??? Wot do you think, you peeps in the know. I dont mind going to court steps but like dosh quicker if poss for my jollies. lol. xxx

I didjust that today Fendy. I am sat on my AQ and reply to the defence and my deadline is 16th March...So i faxed them a letter basically saying just that, and that they had no chance of winning... waiting to see what happens now...

Keep the faith, i'm sure you will there soon..

Thanks Josamolly. I did wonder if it might speed things up a bit if I did that, but didnt want the judge, if it gets that far to think im being intimidating to cobbets. But if youve done it, then Im gonna try it, once I get the AQ back. A little way off that, only filed my MCOL monday so still waiting for it to be served. Will watch your posts though. Good Luck. xx

How weird. Just received an e mail back from Stuart Higleys department, i.e. Customer Relations,, but its just blank. Nothing on it. I wonder if theyre being cryptic and trying to tell me theyre blanking me. Lol. xxx How odd.

Still getting clued up, but still nice to be reading so many other peoples successes. I know this whole thing takes time, but its nice to know, that usually, EVERYTHING COMES TO THOSE WHO WAIT, and him upstairs HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES. Were all certainly trying to do that I think. xx Fend xx

Fendy,

At last i have caught up with you on your own thread :rolleyes: Fendy fortune favours the brave, and you my friend will have your fortune soon . So while you are waiting have a beer. beerchug.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Fendy,

As you our from gods country Yorkshire. G N T stands for Great Northern Tipple :)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks