• Tweets

• Thanks HB. I never evaded fare before.  Should I send any email to ask my case or beg again to show that I indeed know I’m wrong? To be honest, I indeed find that I’m wrong and will never do such thing.
    • We never know how long they will take to respond, it depends on how busy they are. They also look through people's ticket history to see if everything is normal. If you haven't evaded fares before this won't be a problem for you but it takes time. It seems that train companies are doing this more and more. HB
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote there was no reply pack asking questions nor wanting Income & expenditure, so can't be a letter of claim. there are no 'court sanctions' at all should a defendant ignore a letter of claim, total poppy cockle!! very much the reverse, should a claimant NOT send a letter of claim before they raise a court claim, it's a very good browny point for a defendant !! stop worrying....i wish certain members would stop posting unnecessary personal speculation on threads... doesnt help anyone. if you DONT KNOW - DONT POST!! its a 2005 card anyway pre the revisions, sao cant use a recon and i'd expect a CCA request to fail.  this is cabot!! 99% of their debt portfolios are always unenforceable. just the mugs keep being ignorant cash cows is the only way they recently stayed in business.
    • Hi, everyone. It has been 18 days since I sent the begging letter, and I still haven't received a response. I've read some threads and found that OOC settlements are often responded to very quickly. Does this mean it will be difficult for me to receive an OOC settlement?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement, feel awful about size of claim but hubby was off work ill for 10 months and being a nurse, i don't get a huge salary, but bank did not want to know. Just kept piling on the charges, now they know how it feels!!!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ya Fendy,

Just checking in for my daily fendy-fix. eusa_doh.gifI am addicted now. speechless-smiley-040.gif I have done some research and i think you hold the record for most words per posting, throughout the history of CAG. A brilliant achievment i might add. I know you are really enjoying this

and if cobbetts want to confront you in a court room, they will have formidable opposition i'm sure. eusa_naughty.gif A few fences to jump yet, but you are on your way now.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

OMG, thats bad I think Parkvale. Everybody is always telling me I talk Sh*te, lol, so I think perhaps it must be true now. Oh dear. Im so sorry, if I waffle too much and bore everybody to pieces. I really am sorry. I dont mean to but I genuinely dont want to miss out any of the details to anybody. They might be important. lol. I would die of shame if I lose at this late stage now through missing out any bits that were important that somebody could have directed me on. The thing is Ive been typing since I was 8 and do about 200 words per minute, I actually type faster than I can talk so its easy to reel off a 20 liner in about 4 minutes so it really doesnt take much time. lol. REALLY SORRY IF I GO ON TOO MUCH. Fendy xx and John Kidd, doesnt matter how many charges you have run up or the reasons behind it. The fact remains, they took advantage of you at a time in your life when you needed help, not bl**dy charges adding on. I think I must have mentioned this in my threads somewhere, but the time that mine all happened I was 6 months pregnant, swelled up like a whale, had all kinds of medical problems due to holding too much water with baby etc. etc. I got made redundant, got the most basic amount of redundance cos I worked for a huge American company who knew employment law and what the minimum was they could get away with, and was made to feel totally stupid, humiliated and irrelevant by my local Nasty West Manager at the time. I went in to plead my case and ask for time to bring things back into line, I said because of my huge pregnant state nobody was going to take me on again until I had given birth to lovely little boy, and that could they bear with me. THEY WERE HORRIBLE TO ME. My manager, Maddie (pompous girl, too busy worrying about climbing the career ladder than offering help when it was needed), was only interested in selling me will writing service and Life Insurance. Madness. I said I cant afford either right now. I was very lucky, my hubby was the most supportive guy on the planet, and earned ok, so it really kept us afloat but didnt stop loads and loads of charges going on in the meantime. We ended up taking on a loan from NW to clear the overdraft of almost £7000, and basically they just didnt care one jot. I sat there hugely mammoth pregnant, feeling very vulnerable and at the point where she made me cry (I was very hormonal you have to appreciate), she asked me to leave, saying there was nothing else they could do for me right now. So since then, Ive kind of been looking for an opportunity to have my day back. I think Im getting it now. Although I just wish the individual manager concerned would turn up in court to defend, so I could really wipe the floor with her. Now now Fendy calm down, let it go, count to ten, and think of fluffy clouds and caribbean beaches. Ok, breathe, breathe, slowly, there, gone. Moment of madness has left my head. I think. For now anyway. I think I will have to write a book based on all the characters in my life. lol. Would make potty reading. There I go again on the small toddlers toilet training facility thread again. Sorry. I love that word though. POTTY, POTTY POTTY POTTY POTTY. HA. Bye for now. xxxxx

Fendy i am only pulling your leg;) Please can i be in your book ?

P.S. You have just broken ,"The most words in a single post award. "------- 619------

Keep up the good work fendy action-smiley-033.gif

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

lol. xxx sorry y'all. Wanted to add, incase you all this vision in your head of me being some kind of huge whale or scarey beastie thing. Im not a whale now. Im normal size 12 non pregnant girly now. Back to normal. lol xxxxx Not that Im fattist, but if anybody is picturing me in their head, sort of mad bint stylie, you need to be sure the sizing is right I feel. Lol. xxxx

JOHN, PRELIM BY SPECIAL DELIVERY. PERFECT. No probs there then. Proof of receipt. It definitely help where Nasty West is concerned. And no Nattie its not a slur on Nasty West staff. Just the companies policies, or bad training where they have a habit of saying NO UNFORTUNATELY WE DID NOT RECEIVE IT. GREAT BIG FIBBERS. THEY TELL SO MANY PORK PIES. NOT THEY AS IN GENERALISATION OF THEIR WHOLE STAFF THEY, BUT JUST SOME STAFF, THE ONES IN THE MINORITY I THINK, BUT I ALWAYS SEEM TO GET THOSE ONES, The nasty ones in the minority. Just my luck. I think they see me breezing into my branch all happy go lucky that day and think WHY THE H*LL DOES SHE DESERVE TO BE HAPPY. Lets wipe the smile off her face.

Possibly. But then again, it might be my paranoia chick head on again. Lol. xxx

I ALSO LOVE THE WORDS

SAUSAGES .

something sort of round and chubby and satisfying about that word. xx Wonder if I can manage to say it in court. Its my lucky word. OK Mr Judge, Im claiming for unlawful natwest charges and their sausages, sorry dreaming of my sunday breakfast then, I mean bad attitude towards settling before court. LOL. Would love to. But judge might think Im potty and rule against me. Lol. xxxx

Just thinking, if my MCOL has changed status to: CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED, when will I get confirmation through the post of the claim being acknowledged or wont I. Just wondering at what point to resend my spreadsheet of charges to their solicitors. Im assuming its cobbets but until I get letter confirming so, I dont know where to send to. Fendy xxx Anybody know how long before I will get acknowledgement of service through the post. So I can start counting the days they have left to submit defence ?? Ta Muchly Moo. Fendy xxxx

Oooh ta parkvale. Always to the rescue. I was looking for that particular thread and couldnt find it. The very lovely and intelligent Michael Browne had pointed me to it once already, but I lost it. thanks again. Fendy xxxx

Tis a pleasure. Byeeeeeeeeee wave.gif

Hi Fendy, so at the moment you are just waiting huh ? Me I am trying to tackle this court bundle, do I really need to put in all that legal stuff about who won what where and when lol ? I suppose if I chuck it all in then Cobblers will at least get the jist that I have looked into the legal precedents in this case !! Now I have another friend who has run at me with a daily paper and said I need you to type a letter for me to the bank, my reply was I will get you a user name for CAG we can go from there maybe you were right about helping my friends LOL. Keep your thread updated as I know you will, I like you have been typing since I think I was that young can't really remember, just seems like forever. Anyway went in to work today to see how much money they were going to diddle me out of and surprisingly they didn't I have 12.5 weeks money to play with so I think look for a job while I assist my friends with their claims, ride my horse, and enjoy life, a husband and a son at Bradford University. Please stay in touch. By the way my one friend wants to reclaim charges on his business account so I will have to talk to Parkvale and I know there are Stickies about this so some homework and reading is required.

Keep on Truckin' and typing lol

Jay

Still no official letter of acknowledgement from Cobblers ? How long does it take ? Only know its been acknowledged because it shows so when I checked on the case on MCOL. I wait wait wait wait wait. Lol. And read up on here of course. Fendy xx

Hang in there Fendy, you'll be fine honey. It must be so hard right now because you've come so far, but I think it could be like everything else - those last few steps are always the hardest ones. Keep your fantastic, positive attitude going and keep on track with your timetable. You've done everything right, so just keep reading and waiting and victory will be yours soon. Lots of love xxxx

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Ta Muchly Moo Hedgey. I keep reading bits you contribute to this site and by heck youve been through the mill havent you.????? How do you stay positive ????? I think ur pretty amazing actually with all the stuff thats happened to you, stuff like that would certainly make me doubt my sanity and strength from time to time. I think you too are made of pretty strong stuff. Keep the encouragement going for everybody. Your posts are always so positive and upbeat despite what you yourself have been through . Youre such an encouraging soul. Thank you so much. It helps. Believe me. Fendy xxxx

Hope Poor Lordi is ok. Im so worried....... Ive taken Oakworth off my User CP though. Didnt sound like they liked me much, so dont wanna be a target for any bad stuff. xxxxx JUST WANTED TO HELP HIM/HER. But theyve disappeared. Its so worrying. Because everything is solveable. Things and money are just things and money, its people that cant be replaced. So long as we have our family/loved ones, everything else doesnt matter really, its all just a bonus. xxx

You know what Fendy? I reckon that sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to realise just exactly what it is that you've got. I realised in the end that I had a husband and four gorgeous kids, and what the hell did the money matter as long as we were together. Once my hubby was better, money stopped being a problem. I'm only claiming my charges back 'cos I bloody well can!!!!!

I just hope lordi comes back online soon though, because when you hit that low it's really hard to get back up without loads of support and love.

As for support and encouragement, you - Fendy - must be one of the most supportive and encouraging people on here. You're always bigging everyone up and making them feel fab and able. You get a mega round of applause from me for that - in fact, you can call me the founding member of the fendy appreciation society. Way to go fendy. From one woman to another............ you're quite a gal!!! xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I love that phrase, "only claiming back because I bl**dy well can". Exactly. thats what all of us are doing it. Because we thought it was lost forever, never to be gotten back, we thought that was law, but its this place and hearing about it on tv that proved it wasnt law and you could challenge it. So here they came, challenging by the thousands. Lets hope the flood continues............... Appreciation society actually should be for the site itself. Its fab. An inspiration to anybody that they can do it, and win. Am in red wine hazey heaven myself now. Must remember the pint of water before I hit the pillow. Lol. Kids Hedgey, its what makes the world go round. Scrumptious little hunny bunnies. I got 2, one of each, and I love them with all my heart. Nothing more precious. Take Care Hedge, and nitey nite. Think Ive done enough posting for tonight, am addicted to reading the threads though. Will keep reading for a bit, but no more writing, think my spelling will start to go downhill rapidly. Lol. xxxx

Pint of water before my head hits the pillow tonight too fendy!!! And I've got 4 scrumptious little bunnies - 1 girl, 3 boys........ and couldn't breath if I didn't hug them every day! Nite nite fendy, take care and I'll see you tommorrow. Lots of love xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Ooooh exciting. Next thrilling installment. Here we go.... A lovely letter plopped onto my door mat this morning. From The Lovely, Cobbetts LLP in Manchester. Apparently its an acknowledgment of service. The lovely man from MCOL said I can assume that service was made on 11th March. However, this ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SERVICE is dated 14th March. So do the Cobbetts have 28 days from 11th March or 14th March to file a defence. ???? Anybody, please ??? Not that I want to be too pedantic about this, but I want to be sure I contact the court on the right date if they have not submitted their defence. A Lynsey Burgoyne has acknowledged they will be defending the whole claim. Heck, so predictable, no surprises there then. Ha. I would have been more shocked if they weren't defending. I will now do as Michael Browne said to do and on Monday send to her a copy of my charges spreadsheet to support my claim and ask them to attach it to my file. Now to read the next bit in the FAQ's. I think I just wait for the court to send AQ etc. But I will now go and double check everything on the step by step bit in here. Oooooh its soooooooooooo exciting. Im positively giddy, like a kid at christmas waiting for Santa. Just waiting for all the big legal baffling jargony intimidating wordy stuff to start coming through, then I will of course be shouting for help so I dont get it wrong. Ive never done anything like this before, I so enjoy learning something new. Will keep ya posted of course. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxx

But Ive never had a notice of issue. On the MCOL website, when I checked earlier in the week, in the STATUS BOX it said claim issued on 6th March. But now its changed to claim acknowledged on 14th March. Im a bit puzzled about the dates. I want to be sure Im operating correctly to the right dates, so anybody know if I should be counting 28 days from 6th March, 11th March which is what man at MCOL said I could assume was the date of service or 14th March which is the date that the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SERVICE is dated. I know theres not much in it, but I need to be certain of my dates. Help. Anybody ???? Im not a thickie honestly. Ive been all around my claim on the MCOL website and nowhere does it say, Notice of Issue now. Aghghghghg, its so frustrating not knowing the difference between the s*dding dates. Fendy xxxxx

Hey Fendy, the date's on my calender as well - can't wait to see what cobblers come up with! Hang in there honey - you're nearly there xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Lol, thanks Hedgey. And thanks for the correctin Michael. I would look a bit dumb trying to ring courts Monday 9th. Easter and all. Humph. Why do dates always work in the solicitors favour. Would be nice if they decided previous thursday was final day, bank holidays and all. Oh well, C'est la vie. I watch and wait and keep reading reading reading. Just done my letter to Cobbetts attaching my charges breakdown again, posting recorded Monday first class, dunno if I should have but couldnt resist on adding something to bottom of letter to Lynsey. Just kept it brief, i.e. attached herewith full breakdown etc. etc. but added at bottom "I look forward to seeng you in court so this matter can be decided by the appointed judge. " Thank you. etc. a bit naughty I think but wanted to let them know Im happy to stand in a court room with them on this. Not scaredy pants of that one. xxxx Fendy xxxx IN COURAGE WE FIND FORTUNE. XXXXX or thats what Im thinking anyway, Its my mantra of the moment. Thanks again Michael for the updated date. Will be watching watching waiting waiting.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks