Steve4Ann29 v Abbey

Steve4Ann29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

As suggested by "bitingback" I am starting this thread for any other Abbey customers who wish to comment or advise.

I sent a letter to my bank requesting information of charges for the last 6 years. They replied to me rather cordially stating that they could not supply a list of charges to my account for the last 6 years as they do not store this information seperate from other account information. They then sent me statements for the last 14 months. They stated that any information for 2001-2005 is stored on microfiche and not available on thier computers. However they said there is a £10 charge for the provision of this information which they would then process the information upon receipt of the £10. They did, however, refund the £10 I sent for the Data Protection information. So at least I have a start. icon10.gificon7.gificon14.gif

Following the first letter I got a reply: They have said I have eight weeks to reply and after that they will asuume I no longer need the information. However I don't think I need to get the information from them as I have all my bank statements right back to 1998. The only thing I am unsure about is how to write the Schedule of Charges. Do I just write all the charges and toals on a normal piece of paper or do I have to write it in a pre-printed form? Either way I got a lot of looking at statements to do to sort the charges all out..........lol

Many thanx for the reply from "bitingback" about the way to list the Schedule of Charges

Regards

Steve

hi Steve,

if you have all the statements, then you build a schedule of charges in an Excel spreadsheet, with columns listing the date of the charge, what it was for and the amount. In order to calculate the 8% interest on each charge, add two more columns, one called "days since charge" and the other with called "Amount of Interest" You shoudl hide these two columns until you get to the court stage, which you lmost certainly will. Formulas for working out the days and interest amount can be found in the Spreadsheets section of the template libraray. Make sure to include a copy of teh schedule with each communication you send to the bank

Cheers

Rob

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and visual guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.

Dear all there is no need to use excel or any other program. I believe there is a calculator on this site, and I know there is one on the Moneysavingexpert site that also adds on the interest automatically. I'ts so simple you just put in dates and amounts and it lists them and adds them up for you too!

Dear all there is no need to use excel or any other program. I believe there is a calculator on this site, and I know there is one on the Moneysavingexpert site that also adds on the interest automatically. I'ts so simple you just put in dates and amounts and it lists them and adds them up for you too!

True. But you can't save it, only print it out and you cannot enter the type of charge, this has to be done by hand afterwards. However, if you don't have Excel or can't cope with spreadsheets, it's extremely useful.