• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming on a Business account? Lets join forces?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone viewing this thread had any business account experience with AIB (Allied Irish Bank)? Hardly anyone on the site has any threads relating to them, yet they charge horrendous charges. I am about to begin a business Ltd company claim and it would be useful to compare notes.

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Papadak,

When you say step 1, do you mean getting duplicate statements to establish how many charges you have incurred? Or have you already done this?

BankLover_not

Hi,

I am right at the beginning with these 2 T/A Business accounts. I am talking about the specific wording with the DSAR letter (the 1st send out to retrieve 6 years worth og statements) ... I hear there are subtle differences with the wording but cannot find it on this forum, hence the shout-out request here.

Thanks

I presume you mean SAR. Anyway SAR does not generally apply to business accounts, but it is worth a try anyway.

The subtle wording difference I believe you are referring to relates to the prelim and LBA, whereby the reference to the legislation that relates to consumers only is omitted from the Business versions.

Have a look here regarding the different methods I adopted to obtain business statements.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Just tagging on. Business claim ongoing with Natwest for £50k. Bundle due by 26th.

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

A friend of mine has just recently received £15k back from Natwest!!!!

Without court action, he just waited the 8 weeks and got a full offer!!!!

So i would recomend any Natwest & RBS as same bank to hold fire with issuing court claims as you will prob be waiting longer for your money and it could get stayed.

So i think it is worth giving them the 8 weeks and save any probs that may occur.

Just thought i would let you all know!!!!

A friend of mine has just recently received £15k back from NatWest!!!!

Without court action, he just waited the 8 weeks and got a full offer!!!!

So i would recomend any Natwest & RBS as same bank to hold fire with issuing court claims as you will prob be waiting longer for your money and it could get stayed.

So i think it is worth giving them the 8 weeks and save any probs that may occur.

Just thought i would let you all know!!!!

Was that a self employed Account or Limited Company? - but well done to him/her whatever..

Excellent news - we will wait - ours is a limited company by the way;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi all,

just a quick update with my business claim, after having the stay lifted, ive recieved a notice of allocation to the small claims track, to be heard on 12 dec at 14.00 listed for 2 hrs, the last i heard from their solicitors before the stay was that they wanted a pre lim hearing to argue the limitation act, but this looks like a full hearing, docs, statements etc...OMG.. ive not heard a word from the bank for ages just to say they were not opposing my application to have the stay lifted..Gc

Hi Everyone

Have been to court today to appeal the stay on my business claim and personal claim - both have been refused. Even my business claim remains stayed and the Judge stated that the business claim does come in the remit of the Oft Test Case even though I argued otherwise. Full details on my thread in barclays 'Stayed Business and Personal Accounts' plus 'Barclays 3 Accounts'

"Excellent news - we will wait - ours is a limited company by the way:wink:"

It was a sole trader not a limited company.

But Natwest say they are sending offers to all bus claims and they are for the full amount!!!!

I know it is a bit late for some people who have gone through the courts but i think all bus claims are best waiting the 8 weeks unless with Lloyds who are rejecting claims as ever.

When you call Natwest they now have

Press 1 for personal accounts

Press 2 for business accounts

So they have set up a dept just for the business claims, just keep calling them to make sure they have the complaint and keep calling to let them know the 8 weeks is coming to an end as they were a few days over the 8 weeks.

Hi everyone

~Just to say that I've not vanished or been abducted by "men in black" !!

My broadband at home has been playing up whilst they sortout a line upgrade, so I need to wait a few more days before things get back to normal (around the 10th).

Then it's gonna be round 2 against Lloyds, which is going to be an interesting one (planning to argue for CCi,and claiming back additional loan interest due to charges)...so watch this space!!

Regards to all

Photoman

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Natwest's 8 weeks were up on Friday. And guess what we got today? An offer to refund all the charges on our Ltd Co account. They were as good as their word:D. They wouldn't give us any interest, but we couldn't afford to wait and fight over that one. Bacon saved - donation to follow when we actually get the money.

And we still have our overdraft (I hope;))

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Nice work Goldlady.

By the way, you do not have any entitlement to SI until you commence proceedings, so if they make you a full offer (i.e. all you charges excluding SI) you should accept it.

Thank you for the donation pledge.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

CONGRATULATIONS . They don't like business claims do they.?? :D Also i still have a business account with them. They have not penalised me in any way.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

BUSINESS ACCOUNT RECLAIM,HELP PLEASE?

Ive put in a claim to my bank for around £4ks worth of old charges.They offered me around £2k to which I refused and said I wanted the whole lot repaid.Now they've thrown it back to the court and have had a "stay" granted by the judge.Now I feel sick,depressed,drained and just so terrible about the whole thing.I paid money for the claim,did all the paperwork to no avail.Can anyone give me any help or advice on what to do next?

Thanks in advance

Presumably the stay was granted unti lafter the OFT case. One option is to apply to have the stay lifted on the grounds that the OFT case doesn't apply to business claims. However, that will cost more money (£65) and, at this stage, you might be best to leave it until after the OFT case, which is due to be heard on 8 January. After that, you can carry on the case because any decision will be irrelevant as the OFT case doesn't appl yto business claims (or did I already say that ;))

Hello People,

Does anybody know how Lloyds TSB are playing it with business claims. I advised my friend to put in her court claim for her business account (she is owed 6k) and her claim has now been stayed automatically by the court not Lloyds TSB. However when we did our business claim for a Natwest account Natwest actually asked the court for the stay to be lifted and paid the fee which was great. However is there any chance Lloyds TSB will do the same? I read on here somewhere that Lloyds TSB are still paying out on business accounts.

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

BankLover_not

I don't think this is because it's Lloyds TSB - I think it is a court thing. Obviously either not realised it is a business claim or don't know that the OFT case is irrelevant to business claims.