SLC reclaim penalty charges???

deejayc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I'm a new comer to this site and am just really finding my way around at the moment. Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but can this process be followed for the Student Loans Company? Do they fall into the financial institution category? My husband is experiencing a nightmare with them at the moment!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I have been at the end of my tether with RBS for some time now and I have just sent away my DPA letter yesterday, in the past few weeks alone they have charged me almost £300 - and on some occassions I have paid money in the same day as DD's and they have returned these items unpaid. It has gotten so bad that they are making me ill and rather than phone to complain I have just decided enough is enough, this site has really given me the confidence to fight back!! Thanks!

No doubt I'll be back for some more help, roll on the 40 days for them to tell me just how badly they've ripped me off. It doesn't bear thinking about.

Thanks

Diane

I would also be interested to find out about the SLC as I have had "penalty" charges applied to my loan account and was put under alot of pressure by them for supposed outstanding debts owed to them.

Hang in there deejayc, I know exactly how you are feeling. From this point on things can only get better. I too played the d/d game with them. They had me running around like a headless chicken. NEVER AGAIN!

The truth of the matter is that these punative charges are unlawful, briefly consider all the stress and grief they put you through, then feel it dissapear as you exact your rights!;)

Thanks for the words of support scottishpol, much appreciated!

Is there anyone who can offer any advice re the student loan company? The balance my husband had was almost paid off and due to a few mistakes by him the debt is swiftly mounting up again! He is refusing point blank to give them any more money for charges but they won't budge!

Almost as bad as those with the masks on at RBOS!!!

I got my DPA information from the Student Loans Company this morning.

I need to check through it carefully because it really is the most confusing bundle of crap you could imagine. Every page is a screen shot - no doubt designed to be confusing. There is also a set of notes out on the account by the operators after phone calls etc. It makes interesting reading, especially as much of it is incaccurate and records conversations that never took place.

Having trawled through 8 years of the stuff this morning, I found £36 in charges, and yet letters sent to me by them listed far more than this.

I would suggest asking for full disclosure from them and seeing what info is there. They are renowned for shoddy service and messing up people's accounts.

I'm a teacher, and I don't know a single teacher with a student loan who hasn't had problems with the SLC.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

I don't see why the SLC should be any different. I guess it depends whether or not they're classed as a commercial organisation. Even so...

Frankly, I have no idea.:confused:

But I'm sure someone else will!:)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Hi There,

Yes I am interested in this topic too. The Students Loan Company however are treated differently to commercial lenders within the context of bankruptcy however (Student Loans can not be included in a bankruptcy petition) They are (presently) still administered the same way as other commercial lenders within an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) though.

Kind regards

Sean Tyrer

http://myvesta.org.uk

• 8 months later...

I managed to claim my charges back from them, only about £30 but better in my pocket...

Co-op - £128 settled in full, June '06

First Direct - £125 settled in full, July '06

Barclays - offer made, Dec '06.

First Direct part deux - charges refunded in full, Oct '06, threatened to close a/c in Nov '06, letter dispatched to head man.

Student Loan Company - £25 of charges refunded, Nov '06.

Mr Princess

Lloyds - LBA dispatched, Oct '06

MBNA - LBA dispatched, Nov '06

• 2 weeks later...

princess jane or anyone, can you have a look at my thread-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/67009-drowningindebt-student-loans.html

and give me any advise.ie. should I send them a written SAR or just wait and see what they send out. Many thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Best to start your own thread on this Hum. What do you mean by calling in a debt and when was the student loan taken out?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks