Halifax resident v Halifax bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good day 2 u all im rather new 2 all this so im not sure on what im doing and not sure if i should b sendin this msg here but ive just sent my letter 2 the bank askin for 6yrs of statements see were i go from then i have 1yrs at home and have worked out so in 1 yr they have taken from me 2500. and thats just in one yr but im quite unsure about what im gonna do in case the bank get funny over this as i have my house with my bank what im i gonna do if they shut my account thanx and hope im doin things right

Hi Kelly, and welcome.

Please start your own thread so as not to hijack someone else's and get told off by the mods.

xx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey!

no probs, go back to the HALIFAX BANK ACTION GROUP link at the top, and at the top of there is a NEW THREAD button.. just label it and start moaning!

Now now Ojustlooking we aint moaning we are complaining LOL :D

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

as a thought has anyone had an account closed because of failed transactions I bet not, we make the extra for the banks

I have.

It was a Bank of Scotland Card Cash Account. Admittedly i'd stopped using it they started to add charges onto the account becasue it was something like 10.01 over its £10.00 buffer zone.

I just went and opened an account elsewhere and left it to rot. In the end they closed the account and wiped of the charges.

I'm currently battling HBoS for statements to see if I can claw anything back. :evil:

Nice one :D :D

In progress:

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

0justlooking, I'm a Halifax resident too, and the Halifax have just acknowledged my claim with the intention of defending it (see my thread). You may be 200 yards from Trinity Road, but the Halifax court building is only about 50 yards from them - they just need to cross the road to defend my claim. I'm getting a little paranoid now!

What stage are you at with your claim now?

Send the LBA to the branch - it will get to the right department soon enough. Then when you get the usual sod off letter you can issue the proceedings to whichever ofice tells you to sod off :)

PMSL here nice one:D

In progress:

alright Johnny mate, wasn't notified of your reply:

I'm just at the 12 day mark after sending my Preliminary Approach for Repayment.. I've heard sweet F.A. from the Halif*x and I'm now preparing to send the Letter Before Action. Let me read your other post at lunch, and I'll get back to you mate..

Yo.

Hey everyone.. just looking for a little advice: I'm just about ready to send the Letter Before Action. My Preliminary Approach for Payment has been so far totally ignored, and I really want to stick to schedules.

I have read elsewhere that it seems common practice for the banks to do this. BUT - my problem is that though I hand delivered it (did I tell you I live in Halifax?), I posted it to the Halifax BRANCH and not TRINITY ROAD address.

What a dumbass! (it's a 5 minute walk)..

So, while I can absolutely guarantee that the Halif*x have received it, will I have given them an excuse to say that they HAVEN'T received it in the RIGHT DEPARTMENT? or should I just stop worrying, and carry on, now using the TRINITY ROAD address for the L.B.A?

Cheers, if anyone can help!

Send the LBA to the branch - it will get to the right department soon enough. Then when you get the usual sod off letter you can issue the proceedings to whichever ofice tells you to sod off :)

If they don't reply to your LBA issue at the main trinity road office anyway.

this site has changed my life,its given me hope and now my feet are flat on the ground and fighting all the way hehehehe the bank must owe me around 6k but still waiting for statements to come,shouldnt be long now

It really doesn't matter where you post your letters to. I was just handing mine into the local branch. I am pretty sure they have a fax machine......

If they say it didn't arrive at the correct department on time, then that's their fault for not sorting it!!!!

Good luck, you won't need it!

X

:cool: Well done 0justlooking, like you I don't think we would ever have done anything like taking on the banks! ... certainly does get you buzzing :lol:

mechs

In progress:

Mechs, just popped in quickly, good luck with your claim, I expect this time next week you'll have your money, Halifax seem to like taking it to the wire!

Re; the girl who works for Halifax, but wouldn't bank there. One of my closest friends is a PFA, she works like a dog for Halifax plc, doesn't take all her holiday entitlement as she's worried about targets, this girl is a workaholic and a high achiever, they don't treat her well at all. Sure, she's very well paid, but they expect more than a pound of flesh from her. A couple of years ago she had internet dial up problems that resulted in the phone line running up a bill of over £600, despite knowing they hadn't used that much, she HAD to pay up as Halifax won't allow staff to run into debt or have late payments registered against them. So whereas you or I would have disputed the bill and got a reduction, she simply paid up. I think she's mad! Needless to say I haven't told her of my victory over Halifax plc. simply because I don't want to fall out with her, Halifax are not worth it!

Here's to you seeing your money again soon!

Penny Less

Q) Why is there always so much month left at the end of the money?

EDITED.

yes, they really aren't worth falling out over..

..but its funny you said that though, as the thing is i was seeing a girl who worked at the Halifax til very recently. however, she DID know that i was taking this action, and when we stopped seeing each other she said as a joke '..it's not cos i work for the Halifax is it?'

- that would be real commitment to the cause.

just checking in..

i went to Moneyclaim website after putting claim in on friday, and it says:

Issued(12/06/2006)

beauty!!

so what happens next then? will i receive Halifax's reply/intention to defend by mail /email or do I keep checking on the Moneyclaim site?

Hi!

Our claim was ISSUED on 2/6/6 deemed SERVED as of 10/6/6. Claim was ACKNOWLEDGED on 7/6/6 which was followed by a letter from the court confirming the acknowledgment and that the defendant WILL DEFEND CLAIM IN FULL - they have to provide their defence within 28 days, a copy of which will be forwarded to you.

Hope this helps - Good luck!

Mariana

i see, thank you Mariana!

and good luck to yourself.. i've been following your story closely, you're nearly there - go get em!

and i agree entirely with your first post - it really shouldn't be like this.. i don't mind SOME charges either. but sometimes, even in a moderately well-paid job, you're a couple of small slips away from chaos: and it scares the hell out of you..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks