Started claim but stopped, Help!

ksaville
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post , I hope someone can help me :confused:

I started my claim against NatWest last year around September time, I sent out my intial ltr, 2nd ltr and a final ltr threatening court action. Thats as far as I got due to giving birth to my son a few weeks early. He had all sorts of health problems and we were in an out of hospital for a couple of months so the claim against Natwest was the last thing on my mind understandably.

Thankfully everything is hunkydory with my son but I would really love to get my charges back, so where do I start again?

Should I go back to the beginning? or should I send them another letter threatening court action?

Any help at all would be gratfully recieved :D

Thanks

K

To be safe, I would start the whole process again and include of course any of your more recent charges, if indeed you have any.

They settled a £6K claim that I had today in full, only took around 3 weeks. They maybe in the mood to pay up during the prelim and LBA stage.

I do not want to get your hopes up too much though, I have another claim started a few weeks before (for £4K) that I had to issue a claim form for this week.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

My rationale for allowing a further period and starting again, was to give Natwest the opportunity to settle prior to the issue of the claim form, as they did with my claim today.

It took them 3 weeks to settle my claim from the prelim letter, if it take 3 weeks and you only leave them 2 weeks after the LBA and then file the claim, they may not make you a full offer as you have filed the claim at court.

I know past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future, but for the sake of 2 weeks it maybe worth the wait.

I all for applying as much pressure as possible and sticking to my timetable, save on this occasion.

Anyway your decision.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.