Capital Capitulation

Don Quioxte
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry but this really was worthy of a new thread..

As many of you may be aware via my main thread "Capital Offence".. I have had some very entertaining and memorable conversations/correspondence with Captial One since April when I first approcahed them for refund of £210 in charges.

Might I please please take this opportunity to remind you of the last correspondence I received from Capital One dated 21 April in which they reminded me of their incompetence:

"I understand that you feel we've acted in a decitful and outlandish manner. I'm disappointed you feel this way but we're unable to change the process."

and then went on to say bog off you aren't ever having your charges refunded, and that they knew more than the OFT with:

"We disagree with the OFT's analysis and believe that our current fees are both fair and legal."

Well I though you might all revel in the knowledge that today is the 14th day of my LBA (to which I have received no reply). I casually logged on to my account to check a payment I had made on monday had been received, and thus I could use the card to file my moneyclaim.

The account details appear online.. and tell me that I am actually in credit on my card. I'm thinking "hmmm, must be a minus sign missing or something". Nope. Turns out Capital One have refunded the full amount - no questions. No letter (yet). Just a nice, fat credit applied to my account saying "overlimit fee refund".

Not even "goodwill gesture". I love it. What muppets.

"We disagree with the OFT's analysis", tell you to bog off, are really aggressive and rude to you, ignore you correspondence, virtually laugh at you down the phone, and then to reinforce our position we refund in full, without even waiting for you to file against us.

Clearly they don't disagree with the BAG's analysis then!!

Cheers guys. Been a fun journey. Hope this provides encouragement to other Capital One baggers.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Good news - and snap! They are starting to pay out without entering into any meaningful dialogue. We could be weeks away from them paying out once a DPA request is made...or even just sending a postcard saying 'give me my money' :p

It's great news...now don't forget to fill in the survey!

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well spice I have to tell you mate... perhaps the funniest and most satisfying credit card payment made to date...

my next credit card statement is going to read like a work of art

10 May 06 OVERLIMIT FEE REFUND £XXX

11 May 06 PAYPAL RE: Bank Action Group £XX

Capital One will love that.

Funny you should say that - those two entries are adjacent on my online statement already...it does look somewhat surreal...warped even...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ah...mine only says 'cash credit' and 'paypal payment' unfortunately...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Congratulations!:)

Halifax acc 1: 1st request letter sent 20/4/2006

LBA sent 27/04/2006

1st action filed Kirkcaldy Sherriff court 03/05/06

Halifax acc2 (closed): 1st request sent 03/05/06

LBA sent 11/05/06

Capital 1: 1st request sent 11/05/06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks