Help Me - Robinson Way & Tmobile

s1h
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of a strange one here couple of questions relating to defaults in general and also more specifically. I have checked my credit report online with experian on Experian Credit Expert, check credit rating, credit reports & file alerts - with Experian CreditExpert.co.uk using the free 30day trial. Bear with me please its a bit long winded so thanks in advance.

I have come accross 2 defaults on there, one for natwest which shows as satisfied in June 2001 I gather this one will drop off in june this year. Can I get this removed any earlier? That is the 1st general question

The 2nd is this, the other default is for tmobile it shows the following information:

-MOBILEAccount type:CommunicationsStarted:20/10/2000Default Balance:£148Current Balance:£48Defaulted On:10/01/2002File updated for period to:11/06/2006Status History:

(brackets indicate most recent status)[8.gif]

I found this strange as although I knew there had been a default around that time but thought I had paid it off. It seems strange that I would have paid £100 and not the other £48. Anyway thanks to the old dear who was helping me get rid of these at the time she remembered it went to Robinson way. We have searched through some paperwork she kept and have found 2 letters from Robinson way one dated 27/06/02 saying thanks for you recent payment bla bla bla, the balance outstanding is now £48.85. The 2nd letter is from them as well dated 25/07/02 saying thankyou for your payment of £48.85 this was recv on 24/07/05 your account has been paid in full.

So as you can see the credit report appears to be incorrect, how do I get it corrected who do I speak to or write to? Also I have had difficulty obtaining a new bank account recently would this have had something to do with it?

Thanks

Hi shastie

had a similer problem i would

get in touch with t-mobil and ask them to send you a letter confirming the balance was payed and ask them to put your info right at expedian.then

send a letter to experian asking them to please correct there records and send a copy of the letter showing it has been payed .

if you still have a membership with expedian you should be able to queary the info on line also they can tell you how to correct any info they hold

as for a new bank account i supose it could have an effect

hope this helps

Hi Shastie .

you could try sending in a copy of the letter but if t-mobil send you a confirmation letter first this would then make experian put the correct settlement date in and you could also ask t-mobil to cancel the default this would put you in a better credit catagory Phone them and ask .

the reason i suggest the above is usually i have found that the likes of experian want confirmation from the original company plus they are the only ones that can cancel the default so its not on file for 6 years

hope this helps

Dave

HI there

I would have thought that the letter OP has from DCA would be evidence enough to have experience put this right. The CRA is holding incorrect information and if he can prove that this is incorrect (ie letter from DCA) then it should be removed. However, the default will remain on your file for 6 years as it was defaulted but you can correct that the amount was satisfied.

Hope this helps

Gemspan