Vodafone Default Notice +please Help Someone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 06/02/07 i obtained a copy of my credit report from experian - to my dismay i had discovered a default notice from vodafone.

The bill was from a previous address which i stayed at in march 2000.

Il left this address to go to london for a new job and by obviously my mistake i left someone with the responsibility to pay the final bill for me(which was not paid as i have jus discovered this week).

Since that date i have never recieved any notification on this outstanding ammount and or why this issue was never raised until i recieved my credit report after 21/01/07.

AT NO TIME DID I OR ANY OTHER PARTY RECIEVE A NOTIFICATION LETTER FOR INTENT TO ISSUE A DEFAULT NOTICE PRIOR TO THE DEFAULT BEING ADDED TO MY CREDIT HISTORY.

ALSO THE DEBT WAS NEVER PASSED ON TO ANY CREDIT COLLECTION AGENTS TO COLLECT AS VODAFONE HAS INFORMED ME.(AFTER NEARLY 7 YEARS WOULD THIS NOT HAVE BEEN DONE)

The account debt was from 01/03/2000

The default notice was issued on 27/07/2006

The credit file was not updated till 21/01/2007

At no time had i or any further tennents of the address recieved any information what so ever. This as quoted by the vodfone advisor could possibly be the result of vodafone having an anomoly on my personal address details.

They hold a incorrect postcode for my previous address which they said could possibly have been directing mail away from my address.

On discovery of this i contacted vodafone immediatly and the service advisor brought up to date my account....which i paid with immediate affect to the tune of £165.

The advisor advised me that the credit reference agencies involved would be contacted and the default would be assigned as SATISFIED .

However this is now causing me monumental problems getting a mortgage and my credit rate wa exemplory apart from this. i honestly think it needs removing as it is unfair the way vodafone has delt with the situation

can anyone help or advise..

regards

hello. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Removing defaults from vodafone is difficult. Also There are 2 types of default and people get them confused.

1) as defined by the Consumer Credit Act. This is a sheet of paper that must contain certain pieces of information before any creditor can take further action to recover a debt such as pass it to a DCA or similar. Other than the aggro of falling behind with payments/debts and being passed into the murky wolrd of DCAs there is no automatic link to 'defaults' on your credit reference file which currently hurt you for 6 years regardless of wether you settle the debt or not. Vodafone are not covered by the CCA and were not required to send you notification of the default. bummer but true.

2) Defaults as defined by Credit Reference Agencies are markers or flags on your credit file and can be placed there by creditors, lenders etc at will without recourse to any legislation whatsoever. It is merely their view that you have 'defaulted' on some credit account. They do not have to send you a piece of paper, they don't even have to tell you about it - they just have to take reasonable steps to ensure that it is accurate.

I think a notice under S.10(1) is the best way forward but this is going to take months.

I first sent my notice to vodafone on August 19th last year, the default is still there and I have a court hearing in March.