EXCEL PARKING - McDonalds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine recieved this morning a PCN from Excel Parking. Its a £60 fine rising to £120 after 14 days. The Notice states that he was parked in the car park for longer then time allocated on the signs. Car Park was in Wembley (the free car park is there for a number of stores).

I have explained to my friend that the dispute is a civil contract but he is worried about getting higher bills and costs and bailiffs etc. The letter look very official but thats done to frighten you to pay!

Excel state that they have photographic evidence of the contraventon.

This happened about 10 days ago and, of course, they did not put any "ticket" on his car.

If it was me I might ignore or I might write back and say that there has been no contravention and that the "ticket" is illegal and that if they reply requesting money that I would take this as harassment.

Any advice please would be much appreciated.

Howard

You were correct to advise your friend that it is a civil contractual matter. I would advise him to wait until they write to him regarding the ticket. They will try and suggest that it is the responsibility of the registered keeper to pay and that it is enshrined in law, but that is total nonsense. When he hears from them, advise him to write back to them, acknowledging that he is the registered keeper, but also stating that any contract was with the driver at the time, not the registered keeper. He should also inform them that he is under no obligation to provide details of the driver.