Judgement By Default Entered....!

Lucylou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All, I have today entered a judgement by default on MCOL. They had until yesterday to just acknowledge my claim ( which is only for £400 by the way ) and they didnt even get that done!

I was wondering if anybody knew of this happening a lot - and whether the bank could still come back with a late submission thus meaning the default judgement would be superceded??

I'm just trying to decide if this means Ive nearly won and should expect the cash fairly soon - or if there is something Barclays can do to get the case back on track thus delaying the final outcome for potentially ages??

Any light anyone can shed on this would be appreciated!

ps - Good luck to all those currently in battle with their banks!!

Hi LucyLou,

Congrats, on your success. Barclays will have lost by default, the courts dont give second chances :p. I had a massive £11k+ success against Nationwide last year and am now trying to help my brother claim £1500 against Barclays. I'm just about to send the LBA letter. Looking through the stories about Barclays i'm unsure about the proceedings, these "court bundles" I keep hearing about are new to me...didnt have to do that with Nationwide, are they complicated?

Nursiepoos x

Well that is really good news thanks!! I'm going through 2 claims with Nat West which are both being drawn out to every stage and I'm pretty much in it for the slog I think so a nice simple victory from Barclays is certainly music to my ears!!! ( shame it's actually a claim on behalf of my boyfriend though - typical!!! )

With regards to court bundles - they sound more complicated than they are in the sense that there are some excellent download Court Bundles on the site which are pretty generic and will often only need a little bit of personalisation to fit your claim.

I havent submitted one myself but after submitting one AQ recently I am preparing one now as it is the next stage.

Good luck - and well done with your first victory. I cant believe they lost 11k by default - that is a massive error on their part!!! ha ha :D

Just so you don't get your hopes up Barclays had to submit their defence for me on monday which they didn't. I waited untill tuesday and requested judgement but checked tis morning and the defence had been submitted on the 3rd (saturday) so judgement was rejected.. Best of luck though.

Rob