Toni V Abbey

tonif
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Toni

I only picked up the info on the above post from another thread I saw last week.

I think you may be OK to put the total amount of your claim as the total amount of charges, because if I'm not mistaken, you tick a box on MCOL advising them that you will be claiming the 8% interest under the County Courts Act 1980.

At the end of the day, Toni, you ain't even going to see court, so when you eventually get a court date through, the shABBEY will be calling you to settle anyway, and you can include/add the interest then.

Hope this helps!

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

I've filed it online with the interest thanks to my Mum and her card. Keep you all informed. I have sent the claim details to Bankfodder.

Well done toni,

Thank goodness for Mums!!

Actually I think the cost of court restricts quite a few people from pursuing their claim. I've had to lay out £350 so far and I'm still months away from seeing any return. Which leads me to think I should be claiming 8% interest on the £350 and adding it to my claim!

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hello Toni

Yes, Well Done! We've all been there!!!!!

At least your claims in now and you can wait for their acknowledgment & bog standard defence! Keep us updated, and if you have any more queries, you know where to come!

Claim issued today, wow this is getting so exciting now, best I get reading up on the next step.

When I first started this I found it easier to not read too far ahead and confuse myself. Just take it step by step and file everything.

When and if you get to do court bundles, then you put in a claim when they contact you to settle

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Recieved my notice of issue today. They have until the 7th May to reply.

I'm guessing Abbey will leave it to the last minute and then another 28 days for the next step.

Recieved my notice of issue today. They have until the 7th May to reply.

I'm guessing Abbey will leave it to the last minute and then another 28 days for the next step.

Are they that pedictable, Toni?!!!!!:D

And now I have found out why I couldn't open another account. Our local council have wiped me off the electrol roll, and put 2 strangers in my house. They can't see how it happened as the other 2 are registered elsewhere as well. At least they have moved them out of my address but can't add me till begining of June!!!!!

And now I have found out why I couldn't open another account. Our local council have wiped me off the electrol roll, and put 2 strangers in my house. They can't see how it happened as the other 2 are registered elsewhere as well. At least they have moved them out of my address but can't add me till begining of June!!!!!

Make sure you charge them rent!!

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hi Toni,

I'm at the same stage as you.

Abbey have untill the 8th of May to reply.

I haven't received a goodwill payment yet tho!!

I am begining to think that any day now there're going to take my overdraft away. I've stopped all DD's and standing/orders from coming out the account.

But heyhoo I don't care!!:p I'm gonna win!!!:D

Will be following your thread with interest!

Strange I was told they would put £1375 in my account but it was £1190 listed as individual Miscellaneous Fee Refunds of various amounts ie £20, £30 and £35's.

As it was a refund of some charges do I need to send them a letter (there was no mention on the letter saying it was an offer or final payment). Also when do I tell the court?

Abbey have acknowledged the claim so I'll start reading up on the next bit. Shame I was hoping they would forget it was a Bank Holiday and for get to reply!

• 2 weeks later...

So now the next bit. According to MCOL Abbey are defending, no doubt I will get the usual defence in the post any day now. Any pearls of wisdom for my next step?

Hi toni,

No great pearls of wisdom I'm afraid, just keep on going down a very well-trodden path.:)

Two things spring to mind, did you send a schedule of your charges to the court because you can't add to MCOL? and MCOL have dispensed with the AQ stage to speed up the process.

I know it's a pain and slow, but you're making good, steady process with no obvious difficulties.:)