• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

delta6370 v Natwest **WON**

delta6370
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they may not be willing to give out email addresses, but other people have got them, so there must be a way. keep us posted. Enaid

An hour I'd give it 2 don't think them peeps start at 9 :D

Point taken! will leave it till about 10ish.

Gotta sit and take those interest applied transactions out of the spread sheet to see what we are looking at, but I want all my court costs! (kids had to starve cos of them!)

Well I have just sat and worked it all out, on current figures I reckon that we are talking about an additional £150+ in interest by the time the court date comes,(that's if I have worked it out right!) so if I propose making it a nice round figure now (by droppin a couple of squid off the amount as of today, then that should save them a tasty amount.

I just want my money :(

Hi Delta,

the e mail address is always.

First name then dot, then last name @cobbetts.com

So just find out who is dealing with your case and bobs your uncle, you have an e mail address for them.

All the best, I found negotiations with them very easy indeed. They were actually very likeable on the phone, regardless of the stroppiness and delaying tactics by regular mail. Lol Lol. Best of luck Delta.

Fendy xxxxx

Well I just phoned them, got through to the nice lady that is dealing with my claim, she had a look on the system and they have referred back to Natwest to see what they want to do, so are they are waiting to hear from NW to see if a settlement is on offer or if they want to proceed to court.

She did say that obviously it was in the best interests of everyone not to let it get to court, but their hands are tied until they hear from NatWest.

So do I sit and wait to hear something more from Cobbetts or do I take the bull by the horns and contact Mr Higley's office? (or someone else at NW)?

Lol Lol Lol. Soz Delta.................... it worked for me, thats all I was thinking. I know for fact they prefer to settle rather than have to turn up at court, but they will only negotiate by phone, based on the fact you have to be fairly close to your court hearing date. They wont entertain it if youre months off............ only if youre date is almost there. Sorry, but Im sure the call will be worth it Delta, but give em a week to get back to you with an answer...................... thats the worst bit. Waiting. xxxxxx

Last person i spoke to at Borehamwood said Mondays were a nightmare- everyone phones to check progress etc....so you could be on hold for ages....wouldn't it be better if they played some nice music instead of that annoying message????

Just got through to a lady called Helen, she says that cos I rejected the offer (the one that came a week after I filed at court), that it is no longer a matter for the Customer Relations dept.

Discussions are now between Cobbetts and the Litigation Dept and she doesn't have a number for the Litigation dept!

Ok so what now?

• 1 month later...

Update so far, have phoned Cobbetts a couple of times to try and settle, but all they can say is that it has been passed back to Natwest for direction.

Sent an email last week with a final offer on settling before court, but didn't hear anything back, which has annoyed me as I did ask who they want the court bundle addressing to.... all I got was a 'such and such is dealing with your case and will revert to you'

So have spent a happy couple of hours doing my court bundle this am, have two copies all done, but have run out of paper, one going off the Cobbetts tomorrow, the other one going upto court on Tuesday, and then we are only 2 weeks away from the hearing.

Well doing the court bundle was a waste of time, as I received an email last night (that'll be Monday night) offering me the full amount as full and final settlement and without liability etc etc.

So of course I sent an email back saying yes I will have some of that thank you.

And have spent the rest of the night getting slightly piffed on a bottle of wine!

I winned I winned

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Well done Delta.................... another great win! Enjoy your hard earned winnings when they arrive - and don't forget to have a drink on natwest!

Best wishes, hedgey xxx :-D :-D :-D

Don't forget to complete the bank survey.............. and a small donation to CAG would be nice if possible :-D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks Hedgey, only just rolled out of bed, but then it was 2.30am when I dragged my butt up there.

Mental note to self.... drink the wine by the glass not the bottle!

Just waiting to hear if she has received my 'thank you, get the cheque in the post' email.

Could have done with this on Friday then I wouldn't have gotten my court bundles done!

Ooooh I need another coffee

Ouch.......... hangover time!!!!

Never mind Delta............. you've waited long enough to celebrate, so enjoy it all you can hun! I'm really chuffed for you - you deserve a nice treat for yourself after all this xx ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 1 month later...