• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mollie V Lloyds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI ALL

I have been fumbling around for a while posting threads where I shouldnt have , Sorry for that . :o hope I am in the right place now ! I have recieved my acknowledgement , and intent to defend . It seems this is just the start and lloyds will try every trick in there self writen book to put me of claiming . any tips .

:-| HI ALL

JUST GOT MY USUAL SATURDAY MORNING LETTER FROM LLOYD'S BANK TELLING ME I WAS OVERDRAWN. (PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY (edit) £ 150 OF BANK CHARGES ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON) BUT WITH A TWIST, THEY HAD PAYED ALL MY DIRECT DEBITS WHICH IS WEIRD BECAUSE THEY NORMALLY (edit) LOADS OFF ME BY BOUNCING DIRECT DEBITS .THEY ALSO GO ON TO SAY THAT THEY UNDERSTAND HOW EASY IT IS TO GO OVERDRAWN CAN THEY DO ANYTHING TO HELP ! . YES YOU CAN I THOUGHT, STOP RIPPING ME OFF!! . THEY ADDED THAT THEY HAD PUT IN SOME INFORMATION ABOUT" HOW THEY WORK OUT THEIR CHARGES" YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW QUICKLY I TURNED THAT PAGE OVER ,IT WAS JUST A PRINT OUT OF A GUIDE TO BANK CHARGES ,DISAPPOINTING .WHY ARE THEY BEING PLEASANT DO THEY NOT KNOW THAT I AM TAKING THEM TO COURT OR ARE THEY MESSING WITH MY TINY MIND?

Please do not post potentially libelous statements , this post has been edited for the protection of the site

No, I don't think LTSB are being nice. I get this same letter worded in such a way to make you think the are doing you a favour but they will still charge you for the pleasure.:x

They're going to make sure they get "their" money one way or another.

:-(

Brasic

Brasic and Lloyds TSB

Followed the guidance on the site and won :D

Hi All

I have just started claiming against Lloyd's , awaiting my AQ and their formal defense , on my classic account I am claiming £ 3549 . I also have a business account with Lloyd's which I want to pursue also , but I have a business loan on this account and was wondering , WHEN I win do you think they will a: call in the loan ?

b: use the monies claimed back to pay some of the loan off .

I don't actually run a business any more ,but the bank manager said this was the best way to set up the loan . Sounds a bit odd to me , at the time I thought he was doing me a favour ,now I am not so sure. Thanks:-)

I get the same letter now and then , normaly addressed from my branch from the same account manager who normaly refuses my requests for help but try's to sell me gas/electricity/more life insurance anytime i look at them. I think they are just told to sell products and fob people off.

Ignore the letter an hang em out to dry, i am.

lol

thats very funny surfman

The following was done on behalf of my mother:

First letter send 20th April 2006. Reply recieved 22nd April 2006.

Second letter sent 24th April 2006. Reply recieved 26th April 2006.

Accepted at small claims court.

Defendant filed an acknowledgment of service on 25th July 2006.

Allocation Questionaire recieved 16th August 2006.

Court date set for 22nd February 2007.

12th FEBRUARY 2007 SETTLED IN FULL! :D

4th April 2007 - Court orders Lloyds to pay costs. :D:D

23rd April - Bank pays costs :grin::grin::grin:

This claim took a total of 298 days to reach settlement. Further charges were taken, an email was sent to Lloyds, at the conclusion of this 1st claim and settled in full in only 16 days.

Its actually true a guy i know left his job in the bank, he had been there maybe 15 years he started his own buisness washing cars, said there was too much pressure to sell products to customers.

anyway 3 letters of complaint and a sar request and i got letter this morning saying £380 to be refunded and £370 of fees to be waived, but not admiting they are wrong still, anyway a right result, still gonna claim for full amount though this is only the start

HI ALL

Just logged onto Money Claim On-line,to see Lloyd's are defending the whole amount of my claim. This appears to be the normal course of action reading through all your case history's. Can anyone tell me what happens now and should I be doing anything in preparation . thanks Mollie :rolleyes:

HI ALL

Just logged onto Money Claim On-line,to see Lloyd's are defending the whole amount of my claim. This appears to be the normal course of action reading through all your case history's. Can anyone tell me what happens now and should I be doing anything in preparation . thanks Mollie :rolleyes:

Hi you should recieve an allocation questionaire and also a copy of their defence.

Complete the AQ and return it to the court and then wait for a court date. You can start to prep your court bundle just in case.

I had the same response form Lloyds today! Good luck!

Banofi :|

Lloyds *WON* £1469.82 :-D

NatWest *WON* £1177.00. :-D

Morgan Stanley *WON* £112 :)

Barclaycard *WON* £144 :)

Nationwide LBA 22nd Sept 2006. Court claim filed for £5792.29 31st July 2007.

Lloyds Credit Card flatly refused to pay me on 11/12/2006.

Egg Credit Card. Small offer made (£24.00). 17/2/2007, refusal letter sent 18/2/2007.

Useful links:

www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23608

me too! they wrote a really long defence but all of their apostrophes appear to be question marks, weird! Looks like they cut and pasted from many places as it starts referencing "the claimant" in one place, then "you" in other places....I'm inclined to type the whole thing out for everyone to see and sneer at....

In case you are not aware as you used MCOL, you need to send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Hi everyone! I also got the AQ today for my girlfriends claim. I have noted the above comments thanks but do I need to add any comments in the 'Other Information' section on th AQ form?

Hi and Welcome!

If you look at the following links, this should help with what you need to put in your AQ:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Also if you start up your own thread, and ask any questions on there.

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi and Welcome!

If you look at the following links, this should help with what you need to put in your AQ:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Also if you start up your own thread, and ask any questions on there.

Good luck!

Barty:)

thanks for that Barty much appreciated!

Its worth using the new strategy as long as your comfortable with it - they've been paying up pretty much as soon as they receive the AQ in most cases where the draft order is proposed.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

HI THERE

Thanks for your help,my aq is ready to go and have attached 2 copies of charges schedule .

I am also pursuing my old business account . Lloyd's have not responded to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) within the 40 days, Is it true they are not at liberty to send me any info as it is a business account. I have drafted a template letter threatening them with court action if they don't comply. I have not stated that it is a business account only given them the account number,but they may of got wise . Thanks