help needed with SAR

W6n1jh2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all, I've just started my own claim against the RBS, and am now doing the same for my girlfriend who used to be with Barclays, she left a year and a half ago because of the amount of charges she was getting. I am about to send off the SAR, but am struggling as she has changed address since she closed the account, how do I go about prooving she is who she says she is ???

Any advice/templates would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for that, will send off.

Still can't decide how to deal with the address change, the last bit of the SAR template letter says 'please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable' this is not the case as she has changed address since she shut the account down. Do you think I should just say this is her new address and send a copy of the electoral role as proof ?

Jon

state this was my address and it has scince changed to XXXXXXXX if this is of inconvienence to you to verify i am who i claim to be then i am quite prepared to pick up my documentation from my local branch XXXXXXXX and verify my identity in person at the branch to recieve the information you hold on me and verify my current address

I am not a Legal Egale so it is only what i would consider doing

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional