Default on a mastercard but only 50% charges

Notty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am at the stage of filling in my NI claim form. The balance of the card is £2300 and I am claiming (with interest) £1087. Do you think I will still be able to ask in the particulars of claim for the removal of the default? I realise it is only half of the total amount owing and wonder if that is enough? Would appreciate any help please.

ok you've said what the balance of the card is now - do you know what sum the default was for?

to be honest - I would include the default rmoval as part of the bank charges claim - what's the worst that can happen? they may offer you the charges refund but refuse to remove the default. In that case, use the money to pay as much off the balance as you can, wait until you've clearewd the debt and then go down the S.10(1) notice to cease processing data that causes unwarranted harm and distress route.

Allyxia, what a star, succesffuly argues in court to have a ccj set aside when the charges were about half (from what I can remember) of the ccj amount. She may be able to help further.

Thanks for your reply Dayglo. I tried the S.10(1) notice with GE capital (settled in 2003) but I didnt even get a reply.

The BOS mastercard was defaulted in 2005, although I was trying to pay it. The balance then was £2300 when it was defaulted. I was thinking of doing the cca as well as putting it on the poc NI form. If all of that fails I will try the S.10(1) route but as I say I didnt have any luck with GE capital.