JackG - V- Barclays Bank

JackG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes Jack ,it's a full hearing with bundles, but you've still plenty of time.

Meanwhile, how about something like this :

Dear ........

I am sure that you have now received the hearing allocation date of xx xxx xxxx from xxxxxx County Court and are aware that the Judge is asking for ‘Small Claims Track’ .

The amount I am now claiming from Barclays plc is £xxxx xx. This is inclusive of Interest up to and including xx xxx xxxx. An up to date copy of the Schedule of Charges is enclosed herewith for ease of reference.

I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter without their intervention. Further action can only result in further costs, e.g. preparing Court Bundles, Interest to 3rd August 2007 etc.

I hope to hear from you soon so that a speedy resolution to this claim might be achieved.

Yours Sincerely

This one worked for me, although they may wait till the last minute before they make an offer. Worth a try - nowt to lose, much to gain, Jack!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Saintly_1 for the advice, I read it with interest and have decided to email Krysta Campbell to ask who is dealing with my case and I will eagerly await a reply from her and then will send nudge letter

So, hopefully I may be as lucky as others on this site.

you never know

Hi Johnnymitch

Great minds think alike. Thanks for that, it looks just what I want to write to them with. As said before have emailed Krysta Campbell to ask for contact name and then will forward your letter above to try and prompt them to settle early.....forever hopeful thats me.

Been trying to catch up on all news tonight reading other threads that have been following over past weeks, seems like I have too much to take in with all thats happening to others, things have moved on so quickly since I was last on here.

See you got settlement, you lucky thing! Hope mines here soon

will keep you all posted with updates

thanks again, advice greatly appreciated!

best wishes

Jack, emailing Krys a couple of weeks ago,, she told me she was very fed up with the work load,,,anyhoo, since then she has gone real quiet, not answering her phone, replying to emails.

So what Im suggesting now is that people email the primary cantact for the Lit Team but also copy a couple of others in too, this way you get more chance of at least one replying

Dino is top fave at the moment with Quinn at the bottom.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi everyone

latest update for you to groan at just like me when I heard!

Emailed Dino this am to ask who was dealing with my claim and was informed this pm that Paul Quinn was the one. Told in earlier post by Dar£n that P Quinn at bottom of fave pile. Anyone had dealings with the guy, and any tips on how to deal with him would be greatly appreciated!

Court date is 23.8.07 and going on hols in 3 weeks time for 2 weeks and would love to have something settled before then - any ideas as to my luck??

bet its no go - anyway, response eagerly awaited from anyone with any knowledge of this guy - thanks a lot

any ideas as to my luck??

I wouldn't put my shirt on it, Jack - you'll get your money Ok eventually, but rumour has it PQ goes right to the wire . :(

I would love to be proved wrong, though, it'd be a nice bit of spending money for your holiday - going anywhere nice? :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yeah, hopefully, if the sun starts to shine, touring Europe for 2 weeks, shd be fun!, but means will have to start bundle next week as when I get home, will only have 2 days to get it to Court and posted to Barclays before i hit 14 day deadline. so will have to start on it next week so that its ready for when I get back from hols.

By the way, should I post it 1st class recorded delivery to Court? then should I post to Barclays Bank or their litigation team??

Hi Jack,

How many times have you heard that?

No question you'll get the money but I wouldn't count on it before your holiday. Have a trial date for 9 August and Barclays are nowhere near dealing with it. They're dealing week by week according to trial date and reckon a few weeks before they will get to mine.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Cheers,

John.

By the way, should I post it 1st class recorded delivery to Court? then should I post to Barclays Bank or their litigation team??

If you're not close enough to the court to hand it in, I'd send it 1st class recorded, just to be sure. Also send to litigation team, it's them you're dealing with now that courts are involved.

Anyway, hope you have a good holiday, whatever happens, sounds like a lot of fun! :cool:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Jack,

I forgot to say earlier that I took my court bundle in personally filed in a two ring binder with dividers between each section. I thought it might please the judge.

I put the bank's bundle in a big envelope addressed to the litigation department in London, took it into my local Barclays branch and told them it was extremely urgent. They put it in the overnight internal mail, saving me about ten quid.

Will take both advice and hand Court bundle in at court, and hand Barclays bundle in at local branch and get them to post it - it's the least they can do!

Cheers to you both for the advice. Good luck John with court date of 9th, only about ?5 weeks away - the end is in sight, here's hoping to yet another victory.

Thanks Johhnymitch you have been consistent with your support and its much appreciated.

many thanks - will keep you all posted to new developments as and when they happen - have good weekend everyone!

Glad to be of help, Jack - having been down this road twice now, once with Barclays and once with HSBC, I've picked up a few wrinkles along the way (in both senses! LOL).

Funnily enough, I didn't have to produce a bundle in either case, the full offer came before that was necessary, in response to a 'Nudge' letter.

However, the ethos seems to be changing - they're going closer to the wire, thereby pushing people into doing bundles which are most probably not going to be used. This will put some claimants off going any further (which is the object of their exercise) but for those who stick with it, the end result is the same -"WON"!!:D

So, you know what to do, Jack - and have a good week-end too.:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi, Need Advice on Court Bundle please.

Am starting court bundle from link on this site and have saved it in word. Obviously, I think I need to re-type certain pages eg Index page, Early day Motion, OFT summary, as advised by bookworm in link to Court Bundle. But HOW ON EARTH do I number all the pages before and after the above, as once saved in word it doesn't want me to edit it. Am I doing something wrong with this link, if anyone has done their court bundle, please could you advise asap

thanks a lot to anyone who could help me

ALSO, in my court bundle do I have to include all correspondence I received from the court for eg. MCOL application that I printed off when I filed MCOL, Notice of Acknowledgement (from Court) Notice of Transfer of proceedings (from court) etc.

advice requested please as can't go any further until this is done. thanks

Hi Jack,

Ref:

But HOW ON EARTH do I number all the pages before and after the above,

I can't understand why you aren't able to add page nos. I've just downloaded the Basic court bundle and was able to number the pages before and after saving it,

This was done in word via Insert/page numbers/ footer/ right/OK.

I hope I'm not stating the obvious here, but it worked for me, Jack

Nemo me impune lacessit

This is the link for the Basic Court Bundle ,Jack I would include all the coerrespondence you've got - in chronological order- under the first heading on the Documents list i.e. Correspondence.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=296&d=1174895919

Be nice if they came up with an offer soon, they've messed you about long enough!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Just another thought, Jack - maybe you should let Barclays know when you're going on holiday, just in case you get an offer while away (unless you've got someone looking out for your mail). If you don't reply they may asssume you're no longer interested..........? :eek:

You could try ringing/fax/ e-mail. It may prompt them into making you an earlier offer....:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Thanks for that Johnnymitch will do that re' footer/header etc and will also try and email them this weekend as going away next weekend and would love to settle before that as when I get back I've only 2-3 days to get bundle to both parties. before 14 day deadline.

so cheers again for advice will try that tomorrow night, just couldn't get my head round how page numbers would be inserted. Oh to be a proper typist!

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, emailed Paul Quinn last weekend but not heard a thing back, sent him a nudge letter etc and attached SOC's but nothing back. Not surprised really, must be inundated, poor things!

but will crack on over weekend

best wishes Jack

Jack , I hope I haven't led you on a wild goose chase here, - I've just had a thought that , if any of your documents are '.pdf ' word will not number them as it's a different format. Without special software you can't change them apparently. It's also likely that you will have some in this category.

I've asked around and the general answer has been - get your biro out and number the first bundle before copying the rest.

Hope I haven't wasted your time.........:(

Nemo me impune lacessit

Ok Johnnymitch, cheers for that advice.

Have took biro out and numbred all pages so lo and behold! bundle ready to copy. Thought best to have all numbering in same style (biro) neatly in centre at bottom of each page, rather than some biro and some printed. Will hold off photocopying complete bundle until I get your thoughts on that. Have used best handwriting and black biro so should copy ok. Will start copying tomorrow night, should I just do one copy at this stage? or should I do all 3. Have only 3 nights this week before going away for 2 weeks, so need to know asap.. Also trying to buck courage up to ring PaulQ to let him know I'm away from friday for 2 wks. Don't quite know what to say to him when I ring. Any tips?

If I only copy 1 set, can do other two when I get back and post them 1st class recorded delivery so they get there before 14 day deadline b4 court case! Just in case???? B's settle before I go away. coz that wud mean lots of wasted paper and ink!!!!!

thanks again Johnny for your help and advice- much appreciated

Thanks for that Saintly1, wondered if I could do that or if I needed copies all round. That would save doing any more copies before I go so thanks for that advice.

You never know, they might settle this week, will keep you all posted if they do, coz that would be great going. I feel this has been going on for ages and ages now.

Don't think I would hve kept going with this if I hadn't had all the support from you lot.

Cheers again.