• Tweets

• Its just a case against a parcel delivery firm where parcel lost and a judge didnt agree that they were liable for more then insurance ws.   However my question is more about what the wording on the points of the order says which I copied above
    • Hi. I think we may need to know more about what has happened so far please, if you're able to tell us. HB
    • hi all, any feedback on the WS / bundle and the packlink invoice would be appreciated - they are attached in post #214 above. If no further amends are needed, please let me know. For reference, the date for filing the bundle is 24th May at the latest - this is 14 days before the hearing date of 7th June.
    • Hello, I'm wondering if someone can advise me on something. I'm appealing an order and have been asked to submit an appeal bundle and the below points are required to be included: 1) transcript of the judgment of the lower court on other record of reasons.  2) Statement of case. I'm wondering if anyone knows that "on other record of reasons" means. Also for statement of case would it just be a long document covering the reason for the claim, the findings of the lower court, why it was wrong and what I seek instead?   Thanks,
    • Hello, Thanks for the advice. I asserted my rights to reject and they accepted it and said they will refund me the full amount.  My question now is how long do they usually take to collect the vehicle? I've made it clear that I'm available for them to collect it whenever and I've been told its been passed on to the collections team. I chased it up today as its also raining heavily at the moment.  I just wondered if anyone had any experience on how long they usually take to collect? I'd obviously like it collected as soon as possible as I need to purchase another car.  Is it likely they will drag on the process of collection and what can I do if they do?  Thanks!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Please help for an old lady

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are you being treated unfairly by a retailer, company, organisation or local council? Are you caught up in a bureaucratic storm or being wrapped up in red tape? Have you complained, but feel like you’re getting nowhere?

If your answer is ‘yes’, why not see if the BBC’s Dominic Littlewood can help you out?

“Don’t Get Done, Get Dom”, BBC1’s hugely popular consumer affairs programme, is back f or a second series and we want you to be a part of it!

Please contact us ASAP for further information.

Series Hotline: 020 7278 5052

Series Email: [email protected]

Please remember to leave your phone number when you contact us.

I appreciate the benefit that this is trying to provide, but am I going to see this advert on every thread in this board? Would it not be easier to speak to a mod and ask for an announcement to be set up for you?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

T4FF its only their second post! I did notice a general announcement but to be fair I think it could be of interest to the OP in this case.

Not denying that, think it will be great for this one. Just hope it doesn't end up being splattered all over the site. I'm one of these "tick the box if you don't wish to receive marketing" types :D

I don't know, maybe I've been in work too long...

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Didn't see the announcement to be fair *shuts up*........

Guest willowb

:confused: ....oh anyway, much appreciated!

DOS (unfortunate abbreviation, sorry!:o ) if they don't comply with the SAR within the 40 days limit then complain to the ICO. when the time comes (if the time comes) I'll post a link.

No need to reply to all this hun, just wait as you are doing;)

Wxxx

Thank you all.

BBC thank you for bringing this to my attention. However, my dear old friend is now a nervous wreck after being dealt with by the DCO and the bank and this would probably take her over the edge!

However, I do feel that when this is over, she may consider making this public, but for now, I do not want to cast her into the media spotlight at this sensitive moment in time.

Quick update. Dotty asked for her statements from december last year just up until the account was closed in June 06. ( sigh) Not to worry, my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is in their hands!

BUT...............

It looks like they are still adding interest on each month as follows

July £45.07

Aug £30.24

Sept 35.25

Oct £ 35.23

Nov £ 34.95

Total £ 180.74 !!!

I have statements now from Dec 05 to Dec 06 and the charges are.............

£ 3418.00 + £ 412.91 interest!!!!!!!!!!

This bank wants closing down. I have never come accross a case like this before. Poor Dots is a 78 yr old disabled woman. I am bloody furious.

Guest willowb

I really wish she was 'up to' exposing them but the most important thing now is to get that money back for her so that she can feel the benefit of not struggling anymore.

Wxxx

Hi Willow,

I think it would be settled much quicker if it was, but I have to take Dottys health into account, she has suffered under these thugs.

But her time will come. When she receives her cheque, I am going to photocopy it onto an A4 paper with her story and stand outside the RBS bank handing them out.

Guest willowb
but I have to take Dottys health into account, she has suffered under these thugs.

Yes, this is paramount!

Wxxx

But her time will come. When she receives her cheque, I am going to photocopy it onto an A4 paper with her story and stand outside the RBS bank handing them out.

:D I like that one Destiny, I might borrow that idea myself!!

Quick update. Dotty asked for her statements from december last year just up until the account was closed in June 06. ( sigh) Not to worry, my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is in their hands!

BUT...............

It looks like they are still adding interest on each month as follows

July £45.07

Aug £30.24

Sept 35.25

Oct £ 35.23

Nov £ 34.95

Total £ 180.74 !!!

I have statements now from Dec 05 to Dec 06 and the charges are.............

£ 3418.00 + £ 412.91 interest!!!!!!!!!!

This bank wants closing down. I have never come accross a case like this before. Poor Dots is a 78 yr old disabled woman. I am bloody furious.

Could you just clarify (because I am easily confused!) £3418 + 412.91 is an incomplete amount (?) or does it represent the entirety of the charges for one account?

It is so easy to see how your friend got into a situation there was no way out of with charges like this racking up.

Hi Sarah,

Those are just the charges from the dates above. I have not got the full set of statements yet. The 3418 + 412.91 is just the charges from the only statements Dotty had, I assume there will be a lot more when the full set arrive.

Today, she asked me if I would go and see her friend as she banks with the Nat west and thinks she has over £4000 of charges!

Looks like I'll be the darling of the local WI. :D I will have to stop at this though, I've put my claim on hold for now.

As much as I'd love to help, I am going to have to say no to any more.

:eek: Makes you want to weep doesn't it? So, this figure is basically the tip of the iceberg?

I am sure that there are plenty of people on here who would be delighted to help if you decide to take on any more but, of course you must see your own claim(s) through and lets not forget that dealing with all of this is a big responsibility and can be emotionally draining so, take care of yourself.

If ever there was an illustration of profit before people - this is it, and from what you have said it looks like there may be many more people in your friend's situation.

:eek: Makes you want to weep doesn't it? So, this figure is basically the tip of the iceberg? yes that's it.

I am sure that there are plenty of people on here who would be delighted to help if you decide to take on any more but, of course you must see your own claim(s) through and lets not forget that dealing with all of this is a big responsibility and can be emotionally draining so, take care of yourself. Thank you, I will. I was thinking that, if I get used to these claims, I could theoretically help these people and still do mine ( Maybe)

If ever there was an illustration of profit before people - this is it, and from what you have said it looks like there may be many more people in your friend's situation.

I agree. Yes there could be more, but I must be careful, I cannot take on too much.

Well done Destiny but that is only going to by a small (But usefull) amount of people.

I have come across an item by Bankfodder entitled 'Sunday Mirror is looking for volounteers'

I think that this case is perfect for that paper and for more information you should use this link Email: [email protected]

I think this case is the worst I have read about and it only goes to show that there is always someone worse off than you.

There must be more cases out there like this and I would only be too pleased to help in any way I can

If You are on benefits you must read this

Social Security Administration Act 1992

Miscellaneous

Certain benefit to be inalienable **

187- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of, or charge on-

(a)benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b)any income-related benefit; or

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

Ah, guerilla tactics (or should that be gorilla tactics Bill) :D

Gorilla warfare, indeed, Sarah !!

And Destiny - I'm still ready & willing to help with spreadies & general maths-based stuff...and not just on this one - so if you're gonna take more on, then I'm with you on those, too.

You can't see them, but you can be sure the others are all watching here, ready to pop in when needed. :)

Gorilla warfare, indeed, Sarah !!

And Destiny - I'm still ready & willing to help with spreadies & general maths-based stuff...and not just on this one - so if you're gonna take more on, then I'm with you on those, too.

You can't see them, but you can be sure the others are all watching here, ready to pop in when needed. :)

OOh sounds a bit creepy!

Seriously though, thanks one and all for your support, I'm sure I am going to need it. ( Hopes theres a bottle of red in there somewhere for moi when it's finished :) )

It's just a waiting game now, I expect the bank will wait the full 40 days!

Sorry - didn't mean to scare you, Destiny !! But they are like guardian angels, here, aren't they ? We stumble along, thinking we're on our own, and then just when we're about to trip over on something, one of them swoops down and saves us !! I always like to say "It's a kind of magic !" :)

Yes, you can bet they'll take all of 40 days, and then some. You'll probably have to keep badgering them for more after that, as well !! :-x

Didn't know you were a Queen fan Bill.

Bill has managed to make us sound angelic and sinister all at the same time but, he is right, we are watching the thread and will help out when we can.

I know it can seem like an eternity when you are waiting for statements. If you need any moral support in the meantime - just post up.

Thanks sarah, I do appreciate all your help.

So Bill, soon it will be

'Another one bites the dust' and Dotty will be able to afford to go to

'Barcelona' and I'm now getting into this so...

'Don't stop me now'

LOL you guys !!!

Here's a couple of singalongs for THEM :mad: :-

Dotties' Rhapsody.

"This is the real thing -

This ain't no fantasy.

Caught in a landslide -

No escape from reality !

Open your eyes.

Look up to the skies,

And see......!"

or