Matt vs Capital One - Round 1

matt_smith2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I sent a Data Protection Letter to Capital One on the 2/11/06 with £10 statutory fee. We heard nothing from them, apart from the annoying daily calls about payment on the Credit Card (my wifes, I've yet to do mine, which will be round 2).

On one of these calls on the 13/12/06, my wife enquired about the status of the DPA, only to find they had no records of it. The person on the phone promised to send the statements within 7 days.

Can you guess what happened next?

Thats right. Nothing.

Is this normal for Capital One? and where do i go now?

The DPA was sent recorded delivery, so i now that it got there.

RBS Account 1: Won

RBS Account 2: Won

Capital One: Won

Capital One (Wifes Card): Won

RBS Account 2, round 2: Won

RBS PPI: Won

Did you look on the royal mail web site to see that your letter got there? I have sent the same to Barcklays and it didnt get there. Then have to wait for the 3 weeks till they say its lost mail then I can send it again. If they did get it then a phone call again to them to tell them you have sent it and they got it. Tell them you will be reporting them for non complience and that you estimate charges at £5000. they should then get to you quicker than you can hang up the phone. I got mine from them easy. I had a letter with all the charges on it.

Hi Matt! dont know if you remember me? i was posting alongside you in the RBS forums!

Well i'm also doing Capital One now - sent off the SAR in November and then got a letter from them saying sorry you wish to close your account (the account was closed a long long time ago!)! think it was just a standard letter sent! anyway my hubby rang them and they said sorry etc etc and agreed to send the statements! so got the statements through, charges add up to £590. Sent prelim, got offer of £164. Sending rejection of offer tomorrow so hopefully we'll see what happens!

yeah like the other poster said, check royal mail to see if the letter def got there, if it did then i would try ringing them again..

good luck!

Lynzilou x :)

Capital One

29.11.06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

22.12.06 prelim sent - charges total £590.00

19.01.07 received offer of £164, sent refusal of offer - have until 5th Feb to respond or court action

RBS - claim £4451.76 ***WON***

03.11.06 Received letter from Tommy McLean offering full amount of £4451! Hooray!!!!!

26.10.06 received offer of £2685.00 in full and final settlement, sent refusal informing them I have filed my claim. If they do not refund by 3rd Nov I will proceed through the courts

26.10.06 filed claim with courts

16.10.06 received letter back offering £830, sent refusal, have until 25/10 to respond

11.10.06 sent letter requesting full refund within 14 days or court action

10.10.06 received statements, charges come to £4451.76!

26.09.06 sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

Hello Lynzilou

How could I forget!

Once more into the breach.............

Good luck. We have only just received the statements for my wifes CC. About to send the SAR for mine now.

Will be toting up the charges tomorrow night.

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved a letter on the 2nd.

They have refunded us £64 of the total amount which we are claiming (£236). I say refunded, because they didn't give us an option of whether or not we wanted it refunding.

I will write the LBA shortly for the outstanding amount.

• 4 weeks later...

I've not been updating this thread much, but here is a breakdown of what i've done:

For the sake of clarity, i now have 2 claims with C1. WA=Wifes account, MA= my Account.

WA - 6th February; LBA sent. No response. Seems pretty normal for Capital 1.

MA - 19th February, LBA sent. No response.

On Monday (5/3/07), I will start 2 claims for both accounts.

I have today submitted a claim on MA.

A question: If I have submitted a claim, can C1 send a default notice? The reason I ask is that surely as the account is in dispute, they cannot send such things?

cheers

Bump

Can they send a default if the account is in dispute, and If I have gone to court over charges, does that constitute an accouint in dispute?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have received a letter from C1. They have refunded all my charges + 8% interest. Checked the balance online, and it appears that my balance is below the maximum for the first time in a while!

C1 appear to be pretty tame compared to my RBoS experience. Now we're going to tackle the Wifes card in court...............