natwest trying to be all nice now!

joe90
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

my claim is in the courts and i am just about to send my AQ back with the £100 fee, when i opened the morning mail to find- tah dah

a settlement letter offering just under half (when you consider costs etc) of my total claim:)

the letter reads

"we think that all the charges were fair and within the terms and conditions that you signed when opening the account, our client does not agree that they are unfair blah blah blah

but our client is willing to offer a goodwill payment of £££££, which does not admit any liability but is a goodwill gesture on their part. should you accept this it will be a full payment and no further cost can be claimed for.

should you not accept this then we shall inform the court that this offer has been made and you have refused"

now the offer is a decent amount of money and if someone offered you this on the street you would bite their hand off

but the offer is also less than half when all my costs have been added in, i also have been going through this process for months now and have done alot of work on it and want to see it through to the end. i also think the way they have handled the whole affair has been very aggresive and bullying, which makes me want to see it through even more.

i guess what i was wanting from you guys is, is this a new tac from cobbetts? will it count against me if i do continue with the court process? and if you all say i should carry on some moral support would go a long way:D

i want to carry on but as most people on here, i have no experiance of court and as such i am feeling the nerves:eek:

if they had done this sooner i probably would have taken it but now after all the letters and triple checking of figures i really want to take it all the way

any thoughts?

cheers

CLAIMING £2,176.92 IN CHARGES (+£613.84 interest to date)

DATA LETTER SENT 18/10/2006

DATA REPLY 27/10/2006

PRELIMINARY LETTER OF REPAYMENT SENT 29/10/2006

NatWest REFUSAL LETTER RECEIVED 7/11/2006

LETTER BEFORE ACTION SENT 7/11/06

STARTED LITIGATION 22/11/06

I would thank them very much for the cheque, which you are quite happy to accept as partial settlement, but you intend to continue with your claim, and you look forward to the balance being sent 'post haste,' at which point you will be able to discontinue your claim.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

thanks ataction

so just keep the cheque and continue with claim ie send AQ + fee whilst sending them a letter saying its a partial settelment as in your post?

i have a couple of weeks before the AQ has to be in, thats why i ask.

thanks again

CLAIMING £2,176.92 IN CHARGES (+£613.84 interest to date)

DATA LETTER SENT 18/10/2006

DATA REPLY 27/10/2006

PRELIMINARY LETTER OF REPAYMENT SENT 29/10/2006

NatWest REFUSAL LETTER RECEIVED 7/11/2006

LETTER BEFORE ACTION SENT 7/11/06

STARTED LITIGATION 22/11/06

It's unusual for them to actually send you a cheque with the first offer but you should certainly pursue the full amount.

There is a rejection letter here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html.

You might need to modify it slightly to allow for what they have already sent you but it should do the job.

Paul

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html