rob2010 v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i started my claim last year december i sent my first letter off to my local branch requesting they pay me nearly £13,000.00 this includes the year 2000 gote letter back of bank manager saying he has past it on to his customer relations dep. I had letter of them this week offering just under £5,000.00. So the next day i rang them saying that it was not good innuff she put me on hold and came back and said the highest they can go is just over £6,600 i turned it down i dont know if i have done the right thing . Sent last letter off yesterday by recorded delivery asking for my money with intrest whitch takes it up to around £16,000.00 but i would settle for £12,000.00 i have cheqed royal mail web site today they have received letter today . Fingers crossed.

I doubt they will settle for £12k until you file at court. But why would you settle for less than the full amount?

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358

2nd November - Accepted as partial payment and LBA

27th November - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

Guest bluecloud

You can claim back at least 6 years from the date you became aware of the ability to claim. So if you contacted the bank in December 2006 then you can claim from December 2000.

There are some people that are attempting to claim back for more than 6 years.

The 6 years is due to the Limitations Act. There are a couple of points within the Limitations Act that may allow you to claim more than 6 years but I'm not sure how successful people have been (more reading is required).

If I was making a claim this large I would only go back 6 years as I would be concentrating on reclaiming what is "easier" to get back, however it is your claim and therefore your decision.

Please be aware though that you will have to pay quite a large Court fee for a claim of £13,000 and could, if ruled against, be liable for the costs incurred be the bank - I don't want to frighten you, just make sure that you're not going in completely blind.