over 6 years???? any MODS reply

fergal71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there any legal reason why if I have claimed for 2000-2006 successfully from abbey I can not claim from 1994- 2000 with an estimate of charges being the same as 00-to 06. Using the limitations act below...

“S.32(1) of the act says:

© the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake; the period of limititation shall not begin to run until the plantiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake, or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.”

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Fergal, did you estimate your charges for 00 to 06? did you request your statements? have you requested your statements for 94 - 00?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

no I didnt estimate 00-06 I got statements, approx £3k

I have not requested94-2000 as I am sure they are not required to keep this info for this length of time...

Fergal, before you estimate any costs you have to show that you have gone to reasonable lengths to acquire the information, so I would get a SAR off to them :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

do you think it is feasible to claim back for this period and if yes how far back????

sorry found it, they are claiming for 10 years 96-06, in one go...

mine case is a little different but I am sure is still covered by legals..

do you think asking for when my account was opened with them up until 2000 and ask for statements.

when I was a student I paid £000,s of charges I am sure.

Wotcha..... just watching your thread after luverly Lula's comment. :p

Do you not have anywhere copies of your statements from over 6 years ago around your house? The reason I ask is that you wouldn't have to bother Abbey with a statement request as they could easily turn round and say we don't keep info that far back. (If I'm wrong anyone, please correct me :D )

No harm in trying however and no harm I'm sure in submitting an estimated claim for that period beyond 6 years ago to a reasonable figure.

Have fun ;)

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Abbey will say they dont have them, almost guaranteed, but theyre probalby not being entirely truthful.

If you served a SAR on them from the temp[late library you did in fact ask them for all your data for the accounthistory.

My 1st thought isd to write to them rmeinding them you are still waiting for the rest of your statements. :D

If they dont send them post their reply and well think of somehting nice to write back, probalby a LBA giving 7 days for non compliance.

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

my abbey account goes back to 95 but they only sent me the last six years of statements when I asked for all statements under the SAR. I would like to go back further too.

How far back (statements) are they legally obliged to keep and give out?

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Pugsely

I cannot give you a definitive answer since i haven't found one. All i can tell you is that they have to give you all the data you request if its held in a relevant form.

I have been unable to find any definitive bit of paper that says they have to hold data for a specific period and then destroy it. The DPA doesn't refer to a period but it does say they can hold it for as long as necessary and leaves it for the data controller to determine, or it implies this anyway. Don't really want to get into an argument about that issue on this thread because its not relevant to the matters at hand.

What i can tell you for fact is that abbey hold archived material on microfiche, each record holds hundreds of individual pages of data, statements, letters, etc.

I know that for them to remove an individuals records would be difficult and expensive. Two things which make it extremely unlikely that they will destroy your data specifically.

Going on further, when we were trying to influence the ICO over Abbeys fiche system, I spoke to a forum member who used to work in the abbey fiche dept. She told me, and i believe provided a sworn statement, to the effect that she was aware that when she worked there that abbey had data going back to 1926 in some cases.

All in all unless a bank or CC company explicitly states that your data for account number so and so was destroyed then i would peruse them into court.

I would use the courts because it will concentrate their minds since they wont want to lie in court about your data.

I would ask the court for an order instructing the defendant to provide all the data you are entitled to under the DPA. I would ask them to confirm if they hold data but will not provide it under the DPA and if so why.

If they do not have data for the whole account history then they need to explain why they dont have this data.

I am going through this process now with the co-op who told me they were not obliged to hold data for any more than 6 years. I have data from them following the court action over 9 years old.

For some reason they wont close out the case by telling me in writing that they have supplied all the data they hold or whether they hold data but i am not entitled to it and for what reason. I have a directions hearing next Friday so will see what they have to say then.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

only me again.

thinking about it, when i settled with abbey this week, christine who dealt with it said that she was taking off £150 approx cause i could only claim 6 years from when court action was started not when i approached abbey.

if this is the case can we really legally claim back further?

craigycoops

craig you need to do your research into the whys and wherefores, theres loads of threads that discuss these issues.

you question should really be can she do that?

And the answer is 'if you let her'.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA