Class action in Leeds? TEST CASE!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone else get this letter? After my claim has been moved around from one court to another, I received a letter today with an intended court hearing date. It seems that the Judge has decided to lump together 50 claimants with similar claims at the Mercantile Court. The letter seems to suggest that they are attempting a sample or test case!

Incidentally, it seems that I have to complete a "Case Management Information Sheet in accordance with CPR 59". Can anyone help me out with what this is?

Ta

Jon

Anyone else get this letter? After my claim has been moved around from one court to another, I received a letter today with an intended court hearing date. It seems that the Judge has decided to lump together 50 claimants with similar claims at the Mercantile Court. The letter seems to suggest that they are attempting a sample or test case!

Incidentally, it seems that I have to complete a "Case Management Information Sheet in accordance with CPR 59". Can anyone help me out with what this is?

Ta

Jon

CPR is Civil Procedure Rules, effectively a set of guidelines for Judges on how to deal with cases quickly, fairly and at the lowest cost to the taxpayer, part 59 deals primarily with a lower Court appealing to a higher Court for a decision on a case.

Only personal opinion, but just maybe, Judges are getting fed up with these cases taking up so much Court time that they are going to do something about the OFT recommendations, you might just be about to make history and become the case law for the rest of us to rely on!

THe Courts office should be able to help out with the Case Management Information Sheet which in all probability is as straight forward as it sounds.

Good luck, keep us posted

Do those of us that are in the pre im stages need to worry aobut this oris the general feeling that the courts will again side with the Great British public and not the unlawfully charging banks..??:confused:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

HAs happened before - just one of the many threads on it. Expect a pay out before court date.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mercantile-court-cases-stays/35132-mercantile-cmc-18th-october.html

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

gizmo - many thanks for the lin - I'll take alook at a more reasonable hour

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.