Reznor VS Argos

Reznor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a Data Protection Act request on the 14th November to the address where payments are sent and haven't heard anything back yet, so sending the DPA LBA tomorrow.

I'm going to enjoy getting my money back off of Argos.

I will gladly donate 5% of reclaimed charges to CAG!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got my statements today!

There are a few missing but at the moment Argos owes me over £400 in charges. That's without interest.

There are two charges on there I'm not sure of because they are so high. One is for £40 and the other is for £30.

Anyone know what they could be?

How do I go about adding the interest?

Reznor,

If I were you, I would include the two charges in the spreadsheet. They have the opportunity to negotiate the charges with you before it get to court. If they think is not part of the unlawful charges, its up to them to prove what the charges represent.

Go for it.

• Haha 1

I'm going to add contractual interest of 25.9% but I'm a little bit confused.

Firstly when do I add it? At the preliminary stage?

Secondly do I take the amount owed which is at the moment £400 then divide by 100 then times by 25.9 to get the contractual interest?

Hi Reznor,

Yes you claim it straight from the word go. Include it in your prelim, LBA and court claims. If you get as far as court, you don't claim the statutory 8%.

You don't work out the interest like that. You claim 25.9% on each charge from the day it was taken, up until the day you write the letter/file the claim. You would work out each charge individually. The best way to do this automatically is using one of vamps online spreadsheets (though sadly these are down for the time being :mad: )

The only other spreadsheet i can find designed for a credit card is one of these 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets Change the 8% to 25.9%. My only question here is as to wether it compounded or not. Hopefully someone else can advise.

Hope this helps.

MikeA

• Haha 1

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.