Limitation Act questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm making a claim for PPI and in their response they state

"please note that any claim you make is likely to be statute-barred persuant to the limitation act 1980"

What does this mean? Is it that i cant claim back further than 6 years? How do i know if it will or wont be covered?

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

They mean that your claim is out of time. The Limitation Act 1980 states that

An action founded on tort shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.

How long ago were you charged as clearly the defendant believes it was greater than six years?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

its a claim for repayment of PPi which was originally sold to me in 2000, although i still have an account with the company and i am still paying the car finance. I found this:

S.32(1) of the act says:

© the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake; the period of limititation shall not begin to run until the plantiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake, or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.

I have only just discovered the PPi was not compulsary with the loan and that i did not have to take it (as ooposed to i was told by finance company) therefore do i have a case to still request a refund?

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

its a claim for repayment of PPi which was originally sold to me in 2000, although i still have an account with the company and i am still paying the car finance. I found this:

S.32(1) of the act says:

© the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake; the period of limititation shall not begin to run until the plantiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake, or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.

I have only just discovered the PPi was not compulsary with the loan and that i did not have to take it (as ooposed to i was told by finance company) therefore do i have a case to still request a refund?

did they tell you that you could only have the loan if you paid the ppi?

did they tell you that you could only have the loan if you paid the ppi?

Yes they did, it was sold to me on the no ppi no car basis.

I believe i have a case for misselling - yet outside of the time limitation, although i think this act will help me?