• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Big Claim aginst RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sparkie,

If you want an easy to set up basic space. Try MSN spaces?

Create a Blog At MSN Spaces! Use Free Blogs to Connect With Your Friends

This is a really easy to set up space, which you just choose the basic blocks to add in, and copy and download stuff into it.

Photoman

PS: Any Moderators, I hope this isn't against the forum rules to post this link? I am certainly not doing this for any personal gain, and it is just the generic MSN spaces website, that anyone can access, and nobody makes ANY money, or any commercial gain from it.

Feel free to remove this if you think otherwise, and no offence taken.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was thinking of something along the lines of a myspace account which I guess is similar.

Sparkie, if whatever you write is not IN the forum, it won't have any bearing ON the forum (don't think so anyways, but probably best to seek the blessings of the MODS).

If you want any help, I'd be more than happy to help.

Important thing I think you need to do first, is get your story down on paper. Complete it from start to finish in word and the transfer to internet should be no problem.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

It only takes a sparkie to light a fire !!:D

............ sorry........ I couldn't resist it !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

They sent me a letter offering a full settlement, i accepted and posted back, phoned them on monday or tuesday, have to check my fone logs, just need to check my balance once i am back in the UK, currently in my other home coutry of The Netherlands where these issues are not the case, that i know of, and cheques take 24 hours to process. Man i hate cheques. I digress.

By the sounds of things Sparkie either a whole website built from scratch, which i can help you with if you like. or a blogspot which means it is hosted and run for you, and more over free.

The best way to get started is write it down, in a word document or even a .txt file. Then when you have the infor you can copy and paste into the site as you like it.

If you need any help just pm and i ask offer you my wisdom. As T4FF has pointed out you may want to speak to the webmasters of here re linking and what not. The will prolly want a disclaimer saying your site is not run or orangised by them etc etc.

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

This is excellent reading and good luck to you Sparkie...

I just have one question...

If the bank took £100, out of my account and transferred it somewhere, I would notice it fairly quickly and say, oy, where's my money gone.

In a couple of posts, folks have mentioned thousands going out of their accounts...

Why would you not query these amounts going out of your account at the time?

Why wait 6 years, before trying to claim them back?

Just curious, it's your business after all...

Read, Read and Read some more.

The answers are all out there...

By the way, it's your claim. I only offer an opinion as another reader. :confused:

Hi Sparkie, kinda to echo T4ff and others, myspace would be a great location if the MODs consider this out of CAG space.... Happy to help if need be, other than that good luck!!!! - you won't need it!:)

Ging

Stage 1 - RBS SAR sent 05/03/07

Statements recieved 25/04/07 - £1483 + £88 o/d int

LBA dpa sent requesting ALL data held 09/04 with original 40 day timetable..

Clock is ticking........;)

Hi Sparkie, have just PM'd you re a myspace site although might be better to run a full site if you wish to go to libary links etc - happy to help either way.......

Ging

Stage 1 - RBS SAR sent 05/03/07

Statements recieved 25/04/07 - £1483 + £88 o/d int

LBA dpa sent requesting ALL data held 09/04 with original 40 day timetable..

Clock is ticking........;)

Hey dude.

Web publication is easy enough. if you can get a copy of dreamweaver then that is the nest software out there to do the design. Treat it like a book with chapters. Think of layout and design you want. i.e. nav menu to the left or right. All you would need to do is create a template and then copy paste you work into the relative documents.

Also choose 3 colours, font colour, background colour and frame/box/frills another colour.

20+ pages, take you a couple of hours to publish, and then 20-30 minutes to get up and running.

Feel free to pm if you need any more help. I have the software and some experience so can help you thru it.

StyX Has Won

RBS - £2,500

Sparkie, I am helping my brother with an old business debt with Natwest and have had fun and games getting SDAR from the people at Telford. He sent the letter three times and with three different £10 cheques and each time he called they claimed they had never recieved them. the last call he made he spoke to a woman who sounded really fed up and he told her he was issuing an N1 for non dislcosure. It arrived the next day from elsewhere at telford with a note saying I think we crossed in the post.

I am totally disgusted with Natwest as they have made my brother's life hell for 20 years as they pushed him out of business in 1988 and he has been terrified they would take his house as his loan was secured.

He had hoped it was statute barred but as he had been making token payments apparently it isn't.

However as it isn't I told him to tot up all his charges from the past 20 years and they are enormous 00,000. So I have now told him to see what they say about that. Wouldn't be surprised if it isn't suddenly statute barred all along.

Good work. Keep it going.

Just been adding some more to my story, its now 25 pages,but I would like to post this,

With reference to these "missing destroyed " business bank statements,

I paste what I've put in my story about this little issue.

I believe I have given the RBOS a problem here IF by any slight remote chance they locate and produce the bank statements of my business account that they have said have been destroyed, they leave themselves wide open to charges of making deliberate, negligent misleading false statements, with the intent to pervert the course of justice, by with holding evidence that should have been supplied to me under my SDAR to be produced at my court hearing.

Any comments anyone?

sparkie

Just been adding some more to my story, its now 25 pages,but I would like to post this,

With reference to these "missing destroyed " business bank statements,

I paste what I've put in my story about this little issue.

I believe I have given the RBOS a problem here IF by any slight remote chance they locate and produce the bank statements of my business account that they have said have been destroyed, they leave themselves wide open to charges of making deliberate, negligent misleading false statements, with the intent to pervert the course of justice, by with holding evidence that should have been supplied to me under my SDAR to be produced at my court hearing.

Any comments anyone?

sparkie

RBS have big problems at the moment. Well done Sparkie.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks