style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

any answers for my questions please, would really appreciate the help.

i just need to know if there is a particular address i need for yorkshire and confirmation on the interest, also the bottom of the N1 has feference to a solicitor, do i leave this blank?

cheers

fil

sorry to keep asking questions but i dont want to get it wrong.

thank you so much Bigmac you're a star.

the daily interest bit, i know you said plus interest but do you mean OD interest (of which i have nil) or the interest im also claiming (s.69)

cheers

again

Fil

Last question honest, on the bottom of the first page of the N1 form theres a box for defendants name and address, and also another box asking for amount claimed, court costs, solicitors cost and total cost (im sure your gritting your teeth with me Bigmac, i know i would be) do i fill these in as well?

Fil

one last question. if all the letters weve sent to Yb so far have been in both mine and my wifes name (and signed in both) does that affect who the claimant is? are we both claimants? does the the form have to be signed by the claimant handing it in. could the claimant be me, signed by me (even though its a joint acount) but handed in by my wife?

aaaarrrrrggggg!

its late :(

brilliant, handed it in at the court today guess i jst sit back and wait. interestingly the court told my wife it will probably only take about 3 weeks before i have the money :) guess they get a lot of claims.

before i go a big shout out to Bigmac, without this site and this guy id probably have given up........fingers crossed

Fil

got a letter from the court this morning stating:-

the defendant responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all of the claim. the defendant has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form with particulars of claim, or the particulars of claim to file a defence.

acknoledgement of service on 27 july.

this is going a bit quicker than i expected :)

i guess i just sit back now and wait for my money.......

cheers

Fil

• 2 weeks later...

hey all

i got a letter from court yesterday, the defendant has filed a defence. an allocation questionare is also included, i thought they dispensed with these. do i have to pay another fee?

the questionaire has to be in by the 28th august. there are no other instructions. the defense is fairly standard i beleive. what now? do i just sit and wait? the AQ threw me a bit:confused:

cheers

Fil

Have been following your thread with interest.

I had a hearing date of 12th September but having read other threads on this site it seems that YB are applying for stays on some peoples claims but not on others. I have had a letter from court accepting YB request for a stay and consequently they have cancelled hearing date. Cheers YB for letting me know that you were applying - letter from them came same day as letter from court.

Am amazed that your case still seems to be progressing as YB are filing a defence - not simply putting a stay on case. Well done you - keep going.

I'm now beginning to wonder if they are allowing claims for amounts below a certain level to proceed but are blocking claims for larger amounts (mine is for £7000+) just in case test case goes in their favour.

Will watch to see how you go - good luck and keep fighting. I'm sure you will get your money.

• 1 month later...

hey there all,

i got a letter from the court advising me of the stay (aaarrrghhhhhh!)

the letter does say i can appeal, my wife rang the court and they said we would need to fill in form n244 and that this would cost us £85. is this right. should i pay it as theres no guarantees or do i just wait a year or so for my money?

cheers

fil

• 4 months later...

hi there, a while since ive posted but, just wondered a bout a phonecall i recieved today from a company called UPI ltd. they claim they can get my money back within 4-6 weeks. there is a charge of £50 but thats refunded if they are unsuccessful. and there is no percentage of the claim to pay. any one had any dealings?

im a little worried that the claim i made might never be reinbursed. even if the court case pending by the FO results in our favour am i right in thinking they could string this out for years? if so is it worth claiming through one of these companies? my claim is for about £1500

cheers

fil

if this is in the wrong thread please let me know and ill shift it

Sound advice from georgieboy :)

If your claim is stayed, paying a 'company' to reclaim your charges won't make any difference to it's status............ it will remain 'stayed' regardless.

Stay put for the moment......... the test case is now underway and we should have a clearer understanding of how things will proceed in another couple of months. ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.