Madferrit-vs-Lloyds Bank

madferrit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help me answer a few questions before I head out to start my campaign against Lloyds Bank.

1 – Business Account – Ltd Company

I was director and had this account for a few years before ceasing trading around 2002. There were charges that were incurred, and without looking at statements at the moment I would assume that it would be in the region of £1000. Having looked through the FAQ, I could not find an answer so my question is;

If the limited company has ceased trading and all claims would be made through the company, would I encounter any difficulties in making any claims? If successful, I’m assuming that all charges would be refunded to the company, but since the company does not have an account any more how would I, as director, benefit from those refunds?

2 – Lloyds Credit Card

I had a personal credit card with about £12500 debt to pay. In January I was lucky and got a tax refund which I used to clear my debts. I reached an agreement with Lloyds to pay £8000 and call it quits which I did and paid off my debt immediately.

Is it worth pursuing with this any further or should I consider myself lucky?

I have a personal account which the FAQ has answered, so I’m hoping to pursue that claim.

Any answers to assist in the above would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I hope someone can answer the questions asked above, its been sometime since i posted them, but unfortunately i didn't get a reply.

In addition to the above questions, i would like to ask;

Do i need to pay £10 for each account being requested in the DPA letter? or will one letter, asking for information from 3 accounts with one payment of £10 cover it all?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

1. Business A/c Sorry can't help with this.

2. You can claim penalty charges from the CC even though the a/c is closed and was settled .

3. A DPA request is about an individual, as long as the accounts are with the same organisation and in the same name, only 1 £10 fee.

4. Data Protection Act does not apply to Ltd companies onlly individfual, sole traders or partnerships.

3. A Data Protection Act request is about an individual, as long as the accounts are with the same organisation and in the same name, only 1 £10 fee.

4. Data Protection Act does not apply to Ltd companies onlly individfual, sole traders or partnerships.

Michael,

Thank you very much, thats enough to allow me to get my inital letter sent off. I'll await the other replies.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks