Wirralweb V's Natwest

wirralweb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received response to my final letter to Natwest which states :

I note what you say in particular your proposed next move. I am dissapointed that you propose to commence proceedings against the bank and hope even at this late stage, that you will feel able to reconsider."

I am obviously not able to reconsider and so i am going to take legal action.

I have been looking around the threads and am a little confused as to what law i am using against them. Is it that the terms and conditions of the contract are unlawful as they include a massive margin for profit. Do i need a copy of the contract that i signed with the bank to use in court? Or is it just a case of making them bring their accounts to prove that charges are a profit making scheme. I would be grateful if someone can enlighten me so that i can take the correct action.

Many Thanks

P.S. Well Done Bookworm, your an inspiration!!

Hi Wirralweb1

Im from the Wirral too!

I have recived the letter you are talking about, word for word!

im a bit unsure myself as im at the same stage as you really but from speaking to various people it seems natwest will push it till the last minute. I think it seems doubtfull that we will infact have to appear in court. (hopefully)

Have you sent in your claim form yet or moneyclaim?

NatWest - £3702.94 - Won.. Done and Dusted!!

Lloyds - £771.52 - Nearly there...

The Daily Mirror, GMTV, Granada Reports........

Hollywood Next!

Check out how I re-claimed my unlawfull bank charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

For both of you, and others watching, there is a template for the form you would have to use if this goes to court (See Particulars of Claim in Templates Library).

At this stage though, you really should be aware of this. It is absolutely vital that you have read the FAQ section inside-out.

You are possibly on the verge of taking a large financial institution to court, one that has unlimited funds and it's own legal departments. The very least we ask that you do is be prepared and know what the rules are.

Don't let this in any way put you off - let it inspire you to be fully aware of the game plan!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I am going to make a claim at the end of the week when i can afford it. I'm a little concerned about happyharry's post but i guess we've got to be prepared to go to court.

I'm going for it because the charges are clearly a rip off!

Best of luck if you decide to claim!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks