My Claim Against Natwest Starts here. Help and info MUCH appreciated

SteepnDeep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Like many before me I'm sure, I hve just started on the road to Financial recovery of my bank Charges from NatWest.

The Story so far......

16th Dec 06.

I went into a branch of NATWEST and handed them my Data Request Form, asking for my statements for the last 6 yrs (Dec 2000 - Date). I presumed that is was the max I could ask for to be able to reclaim monies owed to me. I have since been informed that I CAN claim more back, as I have been with Natwest for over 23yrs. I was told that there would be a £10 charge and that I should be able to collect them from my branch within four days.

27th Dec 06.

I returned to my branch to collect statements, to be told that not only was £10 not taken from my account, but the Statements had NOT been ordered. After showing my disapproval, all 6ft 7ins of it, the manager re ordered them by phone and said that I could pick them up two days later on the Fri 29th Dec 06. They also agreed to waiver the £10 charge.

29th Dec 06. 1230hrs

I return to my branch AFTER 1200hrs as requested, to find that they are STILL not there, showing my distaste in the handling of such a simple request, the manager, by phone to the statements dept, asked them to check to see if the statements would be coming on the afternoon post, and if not to have them FAXED over. It is now1500hrs. I await her call regarding this at 1530hrs.:cool:

All help and info on these matters (Especially, in regards to claiming back more than just the last six yrs, would be much appreciated)

Steep's Going Deeeeep on this one:cool:

:mad: Don't Let the Buggers Grind You Down!:mad:

I too have been with NatWest for 20+ years but it was my understanding that you can only claim for the last 6 years. - That's what I'm doing anyway.

I would make sure that any requests etc. are done so that they are auditable - just so that if they mess you about, you have a record of your request/time etc... send stuff recorded delivery

Good luck with your claim!

Hi and welcome to the site,

:p

You've definately taken the first step into claiming back what's rightfully yours.

Spend time reading the FAQ's and the Step by Step guide as this will stop you making mistakes along the way. Use the letters and spreadsheets in the Templates Library as these have all been tried and tested in successful claims. Read as many threads as you can especially ones that relate to your bank. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, but please remember that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience only and that you should seek expert advice if required.

All the best in your claim!! :wink:

Useful links to help with your claim

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Interest Spreadsheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Court N1 form

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Mcol Particulars of Claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

The statement team finish at about 1530. The statements would never arrive at a branch withing 2 working days, not in a month of sundays. All statements would arrive in the morning at the statement team, If a note was placed on the account then the statements would have been sent to the branch but the timescale is a bit out to be honest.

• 4 weeks later...

I read on another thread that you are unemployed.

I'm sorry to hear that, but if you have your money paid into the Natwest you may find the following useful

Have a look through this thread

Is the bank taking your Benefits

Have a look at this

Social Security Administration Act 1992

Miscellaneous

Certain benefit to be inalienable **

187- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of, or charge on-

(a)benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b)any income-related benefit; or

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

Good Luck with your claim and let the Group help you

• Confused 1

If You are on benefits you must read this

Miscellaneous

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

john- many people miss that one so it is a good thread and the information invaluable, worth reputation points to me(a click on the scales bottom middle in case you think I am a madman).

Thanks for the comments, we have to help each other as much as possible.

Personally I would like to know more about contractual interest, there are some threads but these dont seem to gove much information

If You are on benefits you must read this

Miscellaneous

©child benefit,