MET Parking Services - Notice to Keeper - (346) Southgate Rd, Stansted, CM24 1PY

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I has the pleasure this morning of receiving the attached NTK from "MET Parking Services Ltd" regarding the now infamous Starbucks car park near Stansted Airport. Obviously it is not compliant with Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 as it was sent more than 14 days after the alleged contravention. 

I have seen on various other forums that people have been successfully appealing these via POPLA -- is this worth doing or should I just ignore and keep an eye out for any subsequent letter of claim?

1. Date of the infringement 02/03/2024
  2. Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 09/04/2024 
  3. Date received 12/04/2024
  4. Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No
  5. Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes
  6. Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No
  7. Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A - not appealed
  8. Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services
  9. Where exactly [carpark name and town] (346) Southgate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY
  10. For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA/POPLA

Thank you in advance for your help.

Met Parking Services NTK 09-04-2024.pdf

Edited by lolerz
Removed MSE link.

Hi gigantictortoise369 (excellent name, I might add)

Welcome to CAG.

This is a well-known scam site to us. It's even been on the TV with Joe Lycett claiming how much of a scam it is!

DO NOT APPEAL! 

Not only is their NTK well out of date for any keeper liability but it doesn't mention POFA at all. This means that only the driver is liable. Simply don't say who the driver is to anyone; you'll have protection as keeper then.

Get reading up on here, standard procedure is to contact Starbucks and Euro Garages to get the charge removed.

Ignore the deforestation MET sends you *until/unless* you get a Letter of Claim. Then come back here. MET have tried court here a couple of times, but they've either been struck out by the courts or MET has discontinued the claim. Only once has there been a CCJ awarded and that's because the OP ignored court papers and got a court judgement before coming here.

Get reading up on other threads, type the address in and you'll see loads of threads about this site. You'll find information about contacting Euro Garages etc to start your method of attack.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There have been developments today on Quaker6's thread re Starbucks/EuroGarages.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)

From what I've learnt so far, the NTK sort of complies with PoFA Section 9[2][e] but, as far as I can see does not comply at all with

Section 9[2][f]

Which means they do not have the right to recover from the keeper.

Unless anyone can tell me I'm wrong?

Edited by anotheruser0000