• Tweets

• I live in a student house, with 5 tenants, unihomes is our utilities provider, who we each have a direct debit set up with and have paid each bill every month. Two letters were sent in my name by BWLegal saying I had two outstanding payments due adding up to over £3500, I have tried to contact british gas (as that is apparently our houses provider) as well as Unihomes. Nothing has helped and BWlegal are pursuing legal action if these debts are not resolved by the 1st May. What do I do? I've called Bwlegal when i bring up that the debt isnt for me and for unihomes they hang up on me. so I am stressed and do not know what to do
    • cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land. dx  
    • scared of what? you simply jumped at turnstile.... it's not a prison sentence and done very doubtfully of any criminal. exuberance of youth stupid act at very very worst it will be a warning letter if anything ever happens ..means nothing going fwd. dx          
    • Hi, everyone. I received a letter from TfL investigator/Prosecutor. The letter reads as follow:   ''Thank you for responding to our enquiry letter. Your comments will be taken into consideration when reviewing whis case and we will contact you as soon as we have reached a decision. TfL now consider prosecution against passengers who are in breach of all TfL byelaw offences and I must inform you that further legal action may be taken. TfL byelaws can be found at ... Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist you further.''   The letter was sent 23 days after I replied to them. Should I send another begging letter to IAP? I'm extremely scared now. Thanks all.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capquest/resolvecall Text message - old MBNA Card debt well SB'd!! - but i've moved around

HappyDay2222

Hi everyone,

I've received a random text message from a company called Resolvecall asking if I am the person they named in the text and 'to stop a doorstep visit I must respond yes or no to the text'.  No other information has been given but I've googled them and understand they are a debt collection agency.  I do not owe anything, have a good credit rating and the only debt I can think of goes back to 2007/2008 when I had a truly awful life event and nervous breakdown.   As far as I understood that debt was statute barred as over 6 years old and I have heard nothing for years about it.   This is now causing me a lot of worry and I do not know what to do next.   Is it best if I respond 'yes' and ask for more information? Should I contact a solicitor?  I am not a homeowner and stay with friends so do not want any doorstep visits to trouble them at their home as threatened on the text.  I've also just had a major bereavement  so this couldn't have come at a worse time to have to deal with.  Any advice would be very welcome as this has made me feel so ill and stressed.  Thank you :-)   

I've received a random text message from a company called Resolvecall asking if I am the person they named in the text and 'to stop a doorstep visit I must respond yes or no to the text'. 

No other information has been given but I've googled them and understand they are a debt collection agency. 

I do not owe anything, have a good credit rating and the only debt I can think of goes back to 2007/2008 when I had a truly awful life event and nervous breakdown.   As far as I understood that debt was statute barred as over 6 years old and I have heard nothing for years about it. 

This is now causing me a lot of worry and I do not know what to do next.   Is it best if I respond 'yes' and ask for more information?

Should I contact a solicitor?

I am not a homeowner and stay with friends so do not want any doorstep visits to trouble them at their home as threatened on the text. 

I've also just had a major bereavement  so this couldn't have come at a worse time to have to deal with. 

Any advice would be very welcome as this has made me feel so ill and stressed. 

Thank you :-)   

Please don't post solid blocks of text. It is very difficult to read especially for people using small screen such as telephones.

Ignore this company. Ignore their texts. Don't worry about it. They are fishing and this is where they make their money. They are bounty hunters

If you get a letter then come back here and tell us – but it in general, simply ignore them.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT it's type

repost any txts to spam 7726

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

Report the unsolicited spam text to 7726.

Do not engage with snotcrawl 

Whatever they wish to convey can be committed in writing.

Absolutely ZERO need  for any solicitors, DCA's have no legal powers anyway, as DX says. They are NOT bailiffs, they're just wannabee bullies.

Easily seen off and made to scurry off back under the rock from whence they came.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the replies and advice.  I want to make sure though they don’t visit or harrass my friends at home.

How do I find out what they are talking about? I can’t see how I can without contacting them and asking them to put it in writing to my solicitor.

Would sending a statute barred letter be a sensible option or request for info at this stage?  

you dont need a solicitor.

i will guess they are acting for cabot as that seems to be their main client on very old sb debts, hoping the mug they pick on wets themselves and panics and makes a payment which goes directly in his pocket for his drinks down the pub later.

theres not  lot you can do to stop any powerless idiot turning up .

but it's very rare they do.

can i guess that since those debt days you have moved from the address you took it out at?

they most certainly wont be visiting where you are now and i doubt very much the msg states that they WILL be visiting anyway, every word but WILL.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dx100uk - the text msg says my name then ‘your account has been passed to us for a home visit - to prevent please visit’ and then their website link.

If I click on the website link it just opens a box saying ‘we have some important information for you please confirm your identity’ then my name and a click yes or no.   

Yes I moved address 14 years ago and haven’t heard anything since.  

then their client whomever that is could get a backdoor ccj using that old address.

it cant harm you in this instance to id yourself-  in fact to the above its to your advantage

to do so.

that way you'll find out about the debt and whom their client is.

then you can send their client, the debt owner our SB letter from the debt collection library and protect yourself from backdoor litigation.

even though the debt is sb'd until they are told so their client could still launch and win by default a court claim you know nothing about.

and they

Dx100uk - thank you that’s good to know.

I’ve identified myself and the details they give are relating to a debt with Mbna - purchased by Capquest who have now passed it on to Resolvecall.   

There are 2 letters I can view, one dated today from Capquest advising it’s been passed over and giving their reference number.  
The second letter also dated today from Resolvecall giving their clients (Capquest) ref number plus one of their own.  

Where do I go next from here please? 

good thats prefect.

simply send capquest our sb letter by ROYAL MAIL 2nd class stamp willl do , get free proof of posting from any po counter.

make SURE you either staple a copy of one of capquests letters to the sb letter or quote both capquest erf number and the mbna card number on it. (if given)

thread title updated.

moved to mbna forum.

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Capquest/resolvecall Text message - old MBNA Card debt well SB'd!! - but i've moved around

immaterial it's sb'd regardless.... unless someone has done ID theft on you. but as you say its not on your credit file then not likely.

you've just forgotten about it.

send the sb letter as is bar addresses and ref numbers. add nothing more

dx

and they