Bought 2 matching sofas - 1 was faulty upon org delivery - retailer replaced both - now a year on the same fault re occurs - now will only refund one.

Hi I bought 2 sofas from an independent furniture store. 

One was faulty on delivery, the retailer (after a bit of a fight) agreed to replace both the faulty sofa and the matching non-faulty one.   

About 1 year after the replacements were delivered the sofa model which was faulty the first time, developed another similar fault. 

After an independent report confirming it was a manufacturing fault I rejected it under Consumer Rights Act and asked for a refund.

The retailer has accepted this, with a slight reduction for the 1 years use.   

I am trying to reject the other (non-faulty) sofa as well, but retailer is refusing to budge saying they were sold separately. 

I disagree as I think they were sold as a matching set - same 'range', ordered and delivered at the same time, to the same specification, and retailer has already accepted this when they originally agreed to replace both sofas even though only one was faulty.  

Any advice on where I stand legally?  

Thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Bought 2 matching sofas - 1 faulty - retailer only refunding faulty one

urm.. i think the retailer is correct here.

outside of 14 days (this now 1yrs in) they are not obliged to do anything with non faulty items, even if they were a matching pair.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Bought 2 matching sofas - 1 was faulty upon org delivery - retailer replaced both - now a year on the same fault re occurs - now will only refund one.