3 Mobile Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

3 have placed a default on my acount which i never recieved any notice of, i worte them a letter regarding this asking for a true signed copy of the original notice i gave them 14 days to respond but i havent heard anything not even a confimation letter and i sent my letter recorded delivery. I aslo contacted equifax telling them of the situation they have emailed me saying they are goin to be contacting 3 to try and resolve the problem but it might take upto 28 days. Do i wait to be contacted by equifax or do i send another letter to 3 as they have not replied in the time limit.

Thanks

Mark

Speak to the CCCS on freephone 0800 138 1111

They should, at the very least, be able to offer further guidance. They are a very good source for anyone with similar problems

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Speak to the CCCS on freephone 0800 138 1111

They should, at the very least, be able to offer further guidance. They are a very good source for anyone with similar problems

i have just spoke to them and they couldnt really help as they said the only deal with people that are paying back debt, they did however say it might be 28 days before they reply should i give them the 28 days or write them another letter as i stated 14 days in.

Mark

Tricky one.....

Do you feel it would harm you further to wait until 28 day deadline they suggested? If not, then may be best to give a little longer.

If it does, then you might wish to try the path I described in the other thread (linked above) and write to 3 again, informing them that they did not satisfy the terms of the consumer credit act, namely because they did not supply a default notice to you, and if they fail to withdraw the notice from your credit file, then you will persue the matter through the courts.

Give them 14 days to reply. This might also allow time for them to complete their existing examination of events.

Which suits you more?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

3 have placed a default on my acount which i never recieved any notice of, i worte them a letter regarding this asking for a true signed copy of the original notice i gave them 14 days to respond but i havent heard anything not even a confimation letter and i sent my letter recorded delivery. I aslo contacted equifax telling them of the situation they have emailed me saying they are goin to be contacting 3 to try and resolve the problem but it might take upto 28 days. Do i wait to be contacted by equifax or do i send another letter to 3 as they have not replied in the time limit.

Thanks

Mark

Write to the CEO, here's his email address. [email protected]

T-Mobile - Default request removal - 31/12/06 - via email

HFC Bank - Default request removal - 31/12/06 - Via email

thanks for all your help.

I recieved and email yesterday from equifax saying they tired contacting them regarding the matter but recieved no reply from them and so have tempoarily removed the information from my credit file.

Does this mean there will be no trace of the default on my credit file if i need credit in the future?

Thanks

Good luck with all this!

I am in a similar situation with O2 who registered a default against me in January 2004 without ever providing me with a letter of default notice. I gave them 14 days to respond about 10 days ago, so fingers crossed I get a response.

Have you got the email address at Equifax? I am going to contact them to see if they are able to do anything at their end.

Keep us posted with how you get on.

Hi,

you have to fill out the form on the website https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/sitepage.ehtml?forward=gb_online_dispute

looks like im all clear went to the bank yesterday to see if i could increase my overdraft and it went through no probs so looks like my default has gone :)

Good look with yours it seems if equifax dont get a reply from them they will remove it.

Ive had a VERY similar problem with Orange.

However, Orange have replied - and said that Mobile Phone contracts are not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act and therefor they do not have to "provide such documentation" as its clearly detailed in the terms and conditions in the booklet you get with the phone...

any other ideas where to go from here? :E

Matt

Matt

HSBC - Received an offer... sent LBA.

Aktiv Kapital - Referring me to GE......

GE Capital - Completely Ignoring Me...

Orange - Send s.10 DPA letter! :D

to add to my above post, I called CAB who redirected me to some government department who are supposed to be really good, but they basically said the same thing - that Mobile Contracts arent regulared under CCA.

Matt.

Matt

HSBC - Received an offer... sent LBA.

Aktiv Kapital - Referring me to GE......

GE Capital - Completely Ignoring Me...

Orange - Send s.10 DPA letter! :D

I have now had an email back from Equifax as follows:

Thank you for your recent correspondence expressing concern about the

accuracy of the data on your Credit File supplied by the following:

Insight Information - O2 (I)

In view of the queries you have raised, we have loaded a Notice of

Correction to your credit file, which will advise all agencies or credit

suppliers that we are disputing the accuracy of the account/information on

your behalf and are currently attempting to validate this with the data

supplier.

Please be assured that we will proceed with our investigation as quickly as

possible. We have asked the supplier of this information to respond to us

within 21days after which we will contact you with the outcome.

Please Note: This e mail addresses the above query only. If your Notice of

Dispute contained additional queries, these have been passed to the

relevant departments and you will receive a separate response.

It is very important that you include the contents of this e-mail, your

Credit File Reference Number (if applicable), your dispute reference number

and your full current postal address with any reply. This will help us

answer your queries promptly. Please be advised, that in busy periods it

may take up to 28 days to respond to your query.

We hope the above details are of assistance to you.

Kind Regards

MyEquifax Customer Care Team

I'll post any replies I get

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks